What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up a 35 through 40 frame for the 37 cab on Craig's List. Also found a set of guide headlights, a GM steering column and a set of wishbones at the Epping NH swap meet. Traded a Set of 39 ford rear fenders for a ford 9 inch. Last week a friend gave me a 36 truck radiator shell with the radiator in it. We also traded some labor for a real rusty 36 truck. I saved the roof and door tops for a some patch pieces for an eventual top chop. I also saved the firewall. I may use it to eliminate the battery tray from the 37 firewall.

We got the window bucks in and started on insulation on the outer walls today. I also set up to snatch widow maker off the dead pine...
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20190901_110216.jpg
    IMG_20190901_110216.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20190901_110336.jpg
    IMG_20190901_110336.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20190901_110348.jpg
    IMG_20190901_110348.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 70
Scored a set of boxing plates and a cross member for the 37.Only 150 bucks. The cross member will drop the front end 4". Picked up a set of set of 16" wheels but I dont think I will be using them. The bolt pattern is 5x5.5 and the rear end is out of a 68 Mustang and has the small bolt pattern and also the only disk break kit I'm looking at is the small pattern also.

I've had my nose to the grind stone for quite some time so I took a 3 day weekend & basically slept in & did next to nothing! Only thing I really did besides having a hog fest here at the house was to see why my lil Ford 8N won't start... think it's the solenoid! Back to reality this morning! No please... not reality!!! [ddd:eek::eek:[ddd

BoB

I've had my nose to the grind stone for quite some time so I took a 3 day weekend & basically slept in & did next to nothing! Only thing I really did besides having a hog fest here at the house was to see why my lil Ford 8N won't start... think it's the solenoid! Back to reality this morning! No please... not reality!!! [ddd:eek::eek:[ddd

BoB

I pretty much did what Bob did less the 8N tractor part. :D

Almost finished up an LS swap in a clean 85 Suburban I picked up...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20190827_144242429_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190827_144242429_HDR.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20190822_150532756_HDR (2).jpg
    IMG_20190822_150532756_HDR (2).jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 32
Looks good JFG. How big of a job is that swap. [S
Dad gave me his low mile 76 Chev truck with a 6 banger.

Like your quote Tripper. "I made it work!" I need some of that. :cool:

Looks good JFG. How big of a job is that swap. [S
Dad gave me his low mile 76 Chev truck with a 6 banger.

Like your quote Tripper. "I made it work!" I need some of that. :cool:

It's actually one of the easiest swaps going. 1" set back motor mount plates and it drops into the stock sbc location and mounts. The Silverado mechanical fan sits right in the 85 shroud like it's supposed to be there. Stock truck manifolds will work too with a slight frame trimming near the flange. Or use the Speed Engineering stainless swap headers like I did for $284.

It's actually one of the easiest swaps going. 1" set back motor mount plates and it drops into the stock sbc location and mounts. The Silverado mechanical fan sits right in the 85 shroud like it's supposed to be there. Stock truck manifolds will work too with a slight frame trimming near the flange. Or use the Speed Engineering stainless swap headers like I did for $284.

If it's not a secret what's it take to wire it up and make it run right...[S
or... maybe where to find the info...thanks

Just remember orange wires are 12+ all the time and the pink wires are key'ed power. Black or black with a white stripe is ground, purple is starter, tan is oil sender signal, and 2 or 3 extraneous wires for DLC, tach (white) and fuel pump relay control (green). Boom! you're off and running!

:D:D:D Just saw this in LS section ....I would still need help;)

It's been tough working in this Tejas heat but I started working on the patch panels I made for the lower part of my body over the weekend! Supposed to rain & be cool the rest of this week so I plan on getting in a lot of shop time... fingers crossed!

BoB

Latest posts

Back