What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spent Friday and Saturday at the PIR and Expo Center swap meets here in Portland. Probably walked 8 miles, spent $15 on parking, $29 on admission, and another $20 on a hot dog and water. I came away with a cowl vent gasket and used window regulators. Flathead parts where at a premium. Used blocks for $1500, give me a break. Actually I thought all the prices where a bit high.

Sid

Moved some rocks:eek: still cleaning up outside...... waiting for a load of gravel for next weekend. Driving up here when its rainy sucks- hopefully all this effort will remedy the sinking feeling and spinning tires..... and keep the landlord off muh arse....

IMG_2292.jpg

IMG_2291.jpg

Started cleaning my shop out and rearranging some stuff. Cleared off a bench and plan to put a plywood back on it so stuff doesn't alway fall behind it and get lost in the black hole lost zone behind it. Going to remove another bench to make room for a band saw and to put my 20 ton shop press. That bench is just a catch all for junk so if I remove it I can cut down on the clutter. Right!

This will give me some more room to bring the 34 5 window Coupe to it's new home! [cl

4/18

almost Finish getting the one Harley ready for this year. The battery I need for it is on back order.

Also trying to figure out why the key pad is not working on my Harley edition F150.

Started reassembling the 331 stroker for my 27. After tearing it completely down I found NOTHING that would have caused the knocking sound, and after checking the machining found everything to be within specs. Soooooooo, it looks like what Scat and Keith Black pistons are telling me is true......forged pistons on a stroker crank are noisy until they warm up. :confused:

I got the engine back to about a short block status, and as soon as the rest of my gaskets show up I can put the heads and rest back together. Now I just have to hold my breath when I fire it up again to see if they were right.

Don

Soooooooo, it looks like what Scat and Keith Black pistons are telling me is true......forged pistons on a stroker crank are noisy until they warm up. :confused:

I got the engine back to about a short block status, and as soon as the rest of my gaskets show up I can put the heads and rest back together. Now I just have to hold my breath when I fire it up again to see if they were right

Don,
I've had that slight knock B4 on start up of a new engine but it usually went away but oil pressure plunging is another story. That would make me pretty nervous!

As for this weekend... I didn't feel my best, was lazy & took the weekend off!

BoB

Visited my engine builder on Friday. Another month, been told this for over a year. 3 more weeks and then I am picking it up and doing it myself, of course I will need to find someone to do the machining.

Saturday, machined one mounting block for my fronts suspension then went to a car show. Lots of cars, nothing to exciting. There was a 1936 MAster deluxe Chev for sale, all original and running, $6500

Sunday, spent the day starting on my seats and finishing the door rocker to go with the new floor. I will post up pics of it all on my build thread when I get the chance.

Was putting up a swing set for the Grandkids, and drilled a post hole auger into my sewer line.. Fixed that, then drilled another hole and got my TV Dish wire! Was going for the phone cable when cupcake stopped me!! The gal ain't got no adventure in her!!

Fixed everything and put up the swing!!! Yeaaaaa PA!!

Car stuff 0 .. Life happens...

PA41

studied and studied all day saturday..........:confused:

"hollered and slobbered" all day Sunday:D[cl

went to the shop yesterday and worked all day to rest up from all that:D

Was putting up a swing set for the Grandkids, and drilled a post hole auger into my sewer line.. Fixed that, then drilled another hole and got my TV Dish wire! Was going for the phone cable when cupcake stopped me!! The gal ain't got no adventure in her!!

Fixed everything and put up the swing!!! Yeaaaaa PA!!

Car stuff 0 .. Life happens...

PA41

The swing and the post hole augar.. Amazing how much damage ya can do with this little fella...:)

PA41

Attachments

• bentleybuild 175.jpg
    bentleybuild 175.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 22
  • bentleybuild 176.jpg
    bentleybuild 176.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 22
Fabbed a little more on the speedster rear suspension.Somehow it takes me hours of work to accomplish a little. Got the swamp cooler cleaned up and installed in the garage walk thru doorway. Amazing that it is already May and have hardly needed it yet.

Car shopping all week for my girl friend. She totaled her car last week and we needed to get one in five days because that all they would give her on the rental.

finally got one on Friday night and picked it up Saturday. Never want to do that again.

Saturday night. went to a local cruise.

Sunday. Pick up rear wheels for the Modal T. Found them on Craigslist. Aluminum slots 4-15X8 with 5 on 5 1/2 bolt pattern.

Mounted the bed and cab on the S10 chassis. Gotta fit the running boards and hood/nose next weekend.

Attachments

• 1953 3100 019.jpg
    1953 3100 019.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 1953 3100 020.jpg
    1953 3100 020.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 1953 3100 018.jpg
    1953 3100 018.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 15
Went to my sons graduation At Penn State.

Sunday pick up 4 Aluminum slots for $50.00 Needed two of them for the front of the modal T. 14X 4.5. Probability sell the other two. They were 14X10

Also found time to hit a small cruise Saturday night.

Latest posts

Back