new guy from central Illinois

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it runs and drives well enough, skip the S10 frame. I don't even consider price - cars are always a losing investment in my view. Hot rodding is simply a hobby that has slightly better returns than beer drinking.

As for the lights, are your rears dual bulbs or dual filament? One should be brakes/turn signals and one parking lights.

If ya still have the Caprice take the light sockets out of it and use them on the taillights.
Think of it this way, the floor doesn't have a hole in it the car is equipt with a porta potty [ddev

Jim

Attachments

• IMG_20111002_141644.jpg
    IMG_20111002_141644.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 7
That's a good one lol. Yeah I am making my own fuse box cause it's simpliar for me to do that. I am putting new gauges in and wiring them up and hooking up the lights for them together to a switch. Old gauges don't lightup and 2/3's of them don't even work. Hopefully my new speedometer works with old car, gas gauge, oil, temp gauge too. Got to get seats mounted right now there just in there lol

Still working on electric
IMG_20111109_221342.jpg
Going to use this to make my tail lights better. May need 2 per tail light side.

Attachments

• IMG_20101025_121256.jpg
    IMG_20101025_121256.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 7
Haven't done much this week it's to cold and my garage is full of stuff. Traded my motorcycle for a different one and for a 69' bsa chopper frame with the high back seat. Got a box of parts with it as well. Thinking about selling it or maybe turn it into a stretched board track racer with jockey shift. Who knows will post pictures when I get a Sunny day and time lol

Well I patched the floor and mounted my driver's seat. Now I got taillights and turn signals to wire up. It's taken me so long cause I barely have time to do anything or money to buy what I need to make it work right. Oh well guess selling toys to fix a toy is what I'm going to have to do. Sold my 2004 2.5 t-maxx for 150 today. I'll get another gas RC truck someday :(

Yep I just put led taillights and license plate light on my car they work awesome. Made my own brackets out of plastic to hold the lights since my original brackets were side mounts and leds are more visible straight out. Next turn signals wired up.

Well I just had a major set back. The motor blew up on me driving to work so now it's a yard ornament. With this major crapola happening I'm considering stubbing the front end with an s10 and using the rear axle out back and having it all setup on air ride suspension but it probably won't happen cause I don't have the knowledge or money so maybe it's a good time to sell it or trade with somebody my project and some money for their finished rod.

Latest posts

Back