New Member Intro

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnxtreme

Hey, I been lurking on here now and then and am gonna start a build thread so this is my intro. I hail from the Catskill Mts. of upstate NY, have built 10 cars and trucks,several bikes, and some raccing snowmobiles, pretty good with a wrench and been welding since i was a kid. Picked up a 40 Pontiac Coupe and am gonna get going on it soon. Looking forward to any help and ideas you guys can give.

Welcome from Southeast Michigan..

Pontiacs are very very cool....all of them.....so please get some pic's posted and make my day.... :D[P

406943_779795458457_378462860_n.jpg
1352133475646_zps463aa48b.jpg

Thanks guys, I used to go on the HAMB and they yell at you for anything not traditional, glad I found this site, By the way whats a 25 series ? I guess I gotta decode my cowl plate. Always waa a Pontiac guy had a bunch of GTO's and Lemans, always wanted a 39 Pontiac Coupe( had a 39 Chevy Coupe back in the day), but this 40 came along and it grew on me, plus it's a real solid start. I'm hoping someone on here has done one or a Chevy which I figure is pretty similar and can tell me what will fit and won't fit. I got a 9" Ford rear and a fresh 427 stroker 486 with Brodix heads and a solid roller cam sitting in the corner just itching to be shoe horned in this guy. Can't wait to start stripping it down.

Ok old iron....let me know if I've got this right....

The 1939 Pontiac Series 25 was the Chevy A-body shell with a Pontiac front-end styling. It was streamlined in appearance with its Silver Streak moldings, horizontal grille bars, and headlights mounted directly to the front fenders.

(I'm only kidding here)....it was the precurser to the Canadian Pontiac....sitting on a Chevy chassis trying to look like a pontiac....LOL... :D (don't shoot me Doc or any of you other CanAhydians...)

I believe the short wheelbase GMs used the same basic body shell from '37-'40... but don't quote me. I can tell you, stuffing a big block in my '38 is gonna be TIGHT. (I'd suggest starting a build thread so your questions are better exposed.)

:D (don't shoot me Doc or any of you other CanAhydians...)

You're safe. (I'm fresh out of "live" ammunition. :( :D)

I think 39 and 40 were the only ones...like his Although there were a number of "Series 25" designations thru the years....

Sorry, Sarge. You're right and I worded my reply wrong.

What I should have said, is GM shared the basic shell in both designs, 37-38 and 39-40. I didn't mean to confuse the issue. :eek:

Latest posts

Back