28 Fast Four build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like your simple, straight forward approach to vids. Ain't no bs to wade thru. You've done a fine job on the build! I've noticed anymore that lots of troubles involving electrical components come from shoddy work from the factory. Not counting the manufacturers using the cheapest crap for materials that they can pass off to us but stuff that just wasn't assembled right at the factory gives me the idea that they must have fired the people overseeing the quality control too!:rolleyes:

glad you figured it out :)

Good detective work [cl

Things like your wiring snafu keep your brain in tune solving problems, glad you sorted it out. When looking back to what you started with, you have to be proud of what you've built here, a real inspiration to us all. [cl[cl

^^^^^^^ All of the above^^^^^
😎😎😎😎
Torchie

Thanks so much Guys, I couldn't do this build without what I have learned from all of you here on this great site.

Problem solving is what a Hotrodder does, and you excel at it.

Thanks MM, sometimes more than we would like.:rolleyes:

I like your simple, straight forward approach to vids. Ain't no bs to wade thru. You've done a fine job on the build! I've noticed anymore that lots of troubles involving electrical components come from shoddy work from the factory. Not counting the manufacturers using the cheapest crap for materials that they can pass off to us but stuff that just wasn't assembled right at the factory gives me the idea that they must have fired the people overseeing the quality control too!:rolleyes:

Thanks Smallfoot, yes it is really hard to get quality in most anything the average person can afford. The heater from Vintage air I really stepped up for and all though it works good I can see the quality issues giving me problems in the future.

i always intentionally create more problems so that I always have something interesting to do. :p

great work! love the vids

Just watched the video. It's better than a Bowl game. I'd consider your project an extreme hot rod build. All the extras you've done lengthened the time line and the money line. Good for you sticking with the build for so long. The result speaks for itself.[cl

Thank you for the bead rolling lesson. [cl I was worried that i would need to motorize mine to be able to use it single handed. I am going to build an adapter for the wheel on my HF tubing roller so I can use it on the bead roller.

Just watched the video. It's better than a Bowl game. I'd consider your project an extreme hot rod build. All the extras you've done lengthened the time line and the money line. Good for you sticking with the build for so long. The result speaks for itself.[cl

Thank you Bob, I don't usually do well with long term projects, but you guys have kept me inspired.

Thank you for the bead rolling lesson. [cl I was worried that i would need to motorize mine to be able to use it single handed. I am going to build an adapter for the wheel on my HF tubing roller so I can use it on the bead roller.

Your welcome Skip, they are almost impossible to use by yourself with the crank. The other trick I learned is on larger pieces you need to support the sheet while you steer it through the roller so I built stand with some blocks and a 4' piece of 2X12 that sits on my work table at the same height as the dies in the bead roller .

It was a long hard fight but I won the battle, the door poppers are in and wired up, all that left for wiring is the indicator lights in the dash. I had some issues with the wires for my door poppers on the Essex where they ran from the door in to the pillar trying to protect them from rubbing. I'm not positive but I think it was Old Iron that suggested in an other thread to run them through a piece of fuel line and that's what I did. Thanks. I also got the door stop straps installed, The video has an explanation of the process I used for the fuel tubing install. https://youtu.be/SXhF60n90yc

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of Doors A Popin 003.jpg
    Resize of Doors A Popin 003.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 70
  • Resize of Doors A Popin 004.jpg
    Resize of Doors A Popin 004.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 70
  • Resize of Doors A Popin 005.jpg
    Resize of Doors A Popin 005.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 70
  • Resize of Doors A Popin 006.jpg
    Resize of Doors A Popin 006.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 70
  • Resize of Doors A Popin 007.jpg
    Resize of Doors A Popin 007.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 70
Great job Glen. I have to admire someone's dedication to stay after a project as long as you have. I love you old Essex. :cool::cool:[cl[cl:cool::cool:

What gauge steel were you rolling in your video? I'm going to do some bead rolled panels in my next Willys project to replace the wall paneling that's in it.
Some thing new to me but I've always wanted to do some.

Great job Glen. I have to admire someone's dedication to stay after a project as long as you have. I love you old Essex. :cool::cool:[cl[cl:cool::cool:

What gauge steel were you rolling in your video? I'm going to do some bead rolled panels in my next Willys project to replace the wall paneling that's in it.
Some thing new to me but I've always wanted to do some.

Thanks Pops, ya I kinda miss the Essex, but I'll get over it😁. I'm using 20 gauge sheet metal.

All the electrical is done, indicators and GPS speedo, all that is left is to tie up the bundles to make it all neat. Obviously I had to test the speedo it works perfectly and I also found out unlike the Essex the Dodge will light up both tires real easy. :D:D Sorry no proof video or pics. :cool::cool:

Got some glass installed and the air control, really hate black polyurethane. I haven't installed the windshield yet as I have to put in drain tubes for the sunroof first.

https://youtu.be/gpcxZ94lhng

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of Glass 001.jpg
    Resize of Glass 001.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Resize of Glass 003.jpg
    Resize of Glass 003.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Resize of Glass 002.jpg
    Resize of Glass 002.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Resize of Glass 004.jpg
    Resize of Glass 004.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 42
  • Resize of Glass 005.jpg
    Resize of Glass 005.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 42
Man, you're gettin' close to hitting the road![cl[cl
That urethane is sticky stuff all right - I've learned to mask off anything you don't want it on that is the splash zone, especially painted or bare metal parts. At least on the glass you can use a razor blade to clean it up.....
Dunno if Pepsi and Pringles will take it off .... [ddd:D

Latest posts

Back