'34 Dodge Brothers, double build.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mac, I find flat black paint covers a lot of sins. Don’t want something to stand out, flat black it, it’ll blend into the landscape!

I agree, Bob.
Today, I finished up the bushings in the pedals and mounting pedestal, but slowed down on building an arm to drive the pushrod to the clutch master cylinder. You know how sometimes you make some complicated do-hickey and then realize that that won't work so you have to throw it away and start over. Well, there's nothing in there that's picture worthy, so no pictures.

Bama, I have been using Ultra Flat Camouflage Dark brown hide the rough stuff.
I've now got the little actuating arm made and fine tuned and mounted. Pics one and two are the little arm and pic three is the pedal system completed, filled with brake fluid and bench bled.
I sold an old truck to my grandson today. He wanted it running and so did I. That was a pipe dream, it turns out.

Attachments

• IMG_1506.JPG
    IMG_1506.JPG
    7.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1507.JPG
    IMG_1507.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1509.JPG
    IMG_1509.JPG
    6 MB · Views: 0
The picture is of the afore mentioned bent wrench holding a bolt head and working.
I have the pedal assembly bolted in there and most of the things worked out. But, when I climbed up into the cab and went to step on each of the pedals, Whoooboy, they both hit the wide old motor partway down. The clutch needed to be bent a wee bit and realigned at the pivot, so I've got it sorted out now. The brake pedal will need some more persuasion.

My grandson's new pick-up, [1996 Ford] is now running and the clutch is also freed up. The starter solenoid was corroded internally, I guess. So a new starter fixed the situation. Then we realized the clutch was rusted onto the flywheel. A quick little trick worked, you just start the vehicle up, in gear with your foot on the clutch. It broke free right away.

Attachments

• IMG_1516.JPG
    IMG_1516.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back