28 Fast Four build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man o Man time sure gets away from a guy. Like Pops I have been fighting the get it done lack of ambition, lots of I should do this, but no follow through.
The 440 whet to a new owner it is going into a real nice 1967 Charger that had no drive train. The Hemi is installed in the 28 and ready to take out and do a little freshing up on, Oil pump, timing set, gaskets and paint. I'm waiting on parts like every one else so got back to work on the Pedal car.
This has turned out to be a really big project that is taking many many hours. I'm at 90 hr now and still have the dash and windshield stand, door and new frame rails and two fenders to build. I have the trunk, seat, bumpers, running boards and two fender done.

Video https://youtu.be/1W35CubwzMo

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of Pedal Car update 003.jpg
    Resize of Pedal Car update 003.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 47
  • Resize of Pedal Car update 004.jpg
    Resize of Pedal Car update 004.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Resize of Pedal Car update 005.jpg
    Resize of Pedal Car update 005.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 44
  • Resize of Pedal Car update 006.jpg
    Resize of Pedal Car update 006.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Resize of Pedal Car update 007.jpg
    Resize of Pedal Car update 007.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Resize of Pedal Car update 008.jpg
    Resize of Pedal Car update 008.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 44
That is some fine looking metal work there Dozer!

I'll see your "fine looking metal work" and raise it to "mightly" fine.... :D

I can see it's going to tough trying to get caught up on so many cool projects- the '28 is stellar. Great video on the headers. Get that 'follow through' flowing Dozer. I'm in. [P

Last edited:
I'll see your "fine looking metal work" and raise it to "mightly" fine.... :D

I can see it's going to tough trying to get caught up on so many cool projects- the '28 is stellar. Great video on the headers. Get that 'follow through' flowing Dozer. I'm in. [P

way cool Dozer!
Don`t you hate it when you build something cool and you don`t fit for a test drive.... :rolleyes: I know I do :D

Good stuff Dozer !!!!!
[cl[cl[cl
[P[P

Mad skills, Dozer.[cl

Killin it...

Thanks everyone, I think the follow through is coming back Old stuff. Dutch you are correct.

Still working on the pedal car, it takes as long as a real car, almost.
The first picture is what I have to go on to build all the replacement parts.

Video https://youtu.be/QjvBlt0O2io

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of Still more pedal car 004.jpg
    Resize of Still more pedal car 004.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Resize of Still more pedal car 006.jpg
    Resize of Still more pedal car 006.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 50
  • Resize of Still more pedal car 003.jpg
    Resize of Still more pedal car 003.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 51
  • Resize of Still more pedal car 002.jpg
    Resize of Still more pedal car 002.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 50
  • Resize of Still more pedal car 001.jpg
    Resize of Still more pedal car 001.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 51
You have to be doing the pedal car as a labor of love, or experience. Too many hours to make any money at it. It is a heck of a cool project though. And it displays your skills nicely.

You have to be doing the pedal car as a labor of love, or experience. Too many hours to make any money at it. It is a heck of a cool project though. And it displays your skills nicely.

Thank you Bob, I'm not sure if I mentioned it earlier in this project but the owner has a car museum, and I know i posted some photos of his stash of projects. One of the 32-33 Chevy coupes in the stash is mine in partial trade for this pedal car as well as some cash. But I am definitly not making a bunch of money at it. I have learned a ton about metal shaping and problem solving and have had a lot of fun in the process.

Thank you Bob, I'm not sure if I mentioned it earlier in this project but the owner has a car museum, and I know i posted some photos of his stash of projects. One of the 32-33 Chevy coupes in the stash is mine in partial trade for this pedal car as well as some cash. But I am definitly not making a bunch of money at it.

I have learned a ton about metal shaping and problem solving and have had a lot of fun in the process.

That in itself is worth the price of admission (and something I've always wanted to learn to that level) and totally part of the overall picture of why we do what we do. The 32/33 Chevy- can't wait to see that one start! [dr

I'm not a pedal car guy but, is that not an extremely rare one??? [S

Latest posts

Back