28 Fast Four build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That in itself is worth the price of admission (and something I've always wanted to learn to that level) and totally part of the overall picture of why we do what we do. The 32/33 Chevy- can't wait to see that one start! [dr

I'm not a pedal car guy but, is that not an extremely rare one??? [S

Thanks Old Stuff the Chevy will sit in the back forty for a long time I have too many projects on the list ahead of it. I'm not a pedal car guy either but I felt it was a good opportunity to challenge myself. It is a very rare one and I'm having a hard time finding much information on it. I have only seen one photo of a real one that was on Ebay a long time ago and two artist renditions is all that is on the net. There was similar model sold at auction in GB for $5200 lbs :eek:

The pedal car is done, it's going back to it's owner Wednesday and I can move on to more Hemi work on the 28.

https://youtu.be/UiP-8lxZ0cg

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of last of the pedal car 008.jpg
    Resize of last of the pedal car 008.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Resize of last of the pedal car 009.jpg
    Resize of last of the pedal car 009.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Resize of last of the pedal car 010.jpg
    Resize of last of the pedal car 010.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 35
The pedal car turned out great, thanks for posting your vids of forming the fenders and other parts, that's real fabrication, making parts just from pics is an art form, and you are the artist [cl[cl

Well done!
Torchie

The pedal car turned out great, thanks for posting your vids of forming the fenders and other parts, that's real fabrication, making parts just from pics is an art form, and you are the artist [cl[cl

I underline what ZZ said, Dozer.
Keep up the good work.

Ya done a fine job Dozer!

Tip my hat to ya Dozer. 1st Class.

Thanks everyone, I enjoyed the challenge but glad it's going home today.

And Now back to our regularly scheduled programming

Ok guys back to working on the real thing. Now that the Hemi and trans are fitted in the Dodge I pulled them out to finish welding and clean, freshin and paint everything. I have been a little worried about what I might find when I pulled the Hemi apart for a look see. The 440 had 78000 km on it and had a tremendous amount of wear in the cylinders reguiring new pistons, rings, bearings machine work and about $2800. The Hemi has 246000 km
(158000 m):eek: After pulling the heads and about 30 seconds per cylinder with a little combustion chamber cleaner and a piece of scotch bright the inside of this engine looks almost like the day it was built. You can still see the cross hatch in the cylinders, the markings and installation arrows on the pistons.
Now I know metal technology and materials have improved since the 440 was built, but I'm pretty sure the reason these late model engines can run so long is because of fuel injection, less fuel, better atomized is not washing cylinder walls causing wear. If I had any doubts about doing this swap they are gone now, hope I didn't just shoot myself in the foot.:rolleyes:

Video https://youtu.be/z7C3GtwkG2E

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of 46RH 004.jpg
    Resize of 46RH 004.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Resize of 46RH 005.jpg
    Resize of 46RH 005.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Resize of 46RH 006.jpg