Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meanwhile. Back on the car side...

Dug out the 41-48 Ford rear window that I had stashed.
leaned it up against the roof just to get an idea of how it would look. Looks just like i thought it would.:D
Going to the local yard in the morning to see if he still has the 41--48 body shell there as well as to look for the two 49 Dodges that he is supposed to have.
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_4186.JPG
    IMG_4186.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4187.JPG
    IMG_4187.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4189.JPG
    IMG_4189.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4191.JPG
    IMG_4191.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
looks right torchie!

I think so too joe.:D
I went out into the wilds this morning in search of the elusive 1949 Dodge Club coupe as well as the metal roof area for the 41-48 rear window.
It's been a couple of years since I was last in this yard and there is more "Stuff" then before but most of it either Machinery or modern junk.
We found the 41-48 shell rather quickly as it was out in the front of a pile. Right where we saw last time. The yard owner was steep on the price for that so I took a pass for now.
The Dodges proved to be more of a challenge.
A couple of Plymouths as well as a totally trashed Dodge later we found her.
Despite the crushed hood the grill appears to be untouched and even though it's the 2 door fastback style I got the front doors. Mine were gutted. These have all the window and vents as well as the lifts and cranks, and most importantly, the interior door window garnish trim.[cl

The dash on this one is complete, but that will be for another day.
Time to rest now.......
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_4195.JPG
    IMG_4195.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4196.JPG
    IMG_4196.JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4197.JPG
    IMG_4197.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4202.JPG
    IMG_4202.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4203.JPG
    IMG_4203.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 40
That looks like a keeper.

It's a possibility for sure falconvan.

Gathering parts is one of the fun steps. I sure like junkyard pics.

It's getting pretty hard for me to trek around these types of places anymore bob.
And the Dodge was down in a low area that was full of saplings. so I had to side step down to it. We walked past it twice before spotting it.
My friend went back and took the doors off later with some help from another person. He's a good guy.
Plus. For some reason junk yard dogs have always liked me, so I had about 3 of them following me around wanting to play.:eek: :cool: :D
Torchie

Nice finds Torchie, I don't get to do the junk yard thing much
anymore, we only have a couple of yards with older stuff in them
within a hours drive...... and they both are very proud of what
they have ;) was at one of them a few months back and a lot of
the same stuff was there that was there 35 years ago....
good on your buddy's for helping out.....

Just an update before I fall off of page one...

Nothing happening on the Dodge front or the boat for that matter.
Had to tear into a bathroom remodel so that I have an actual handicap friendly bathroom and shower stall.
Of course when I pulled out the cheap tub and surround I found more rot then the Chris Craft had.:eek:
And just to add to the fun my wife's boat (That she loves more then me [ddd) is having issues and I'm going to have to spend time over at the local marina on Monday morning to see what they think the problem is. We have differing views at this point.
Thinks just got really busy.
Stay tuned.......
Torchie

Had to tear into a bathroom remodel so that I have an actual handicap friendly bathroom and shower stall.
Of course when I pulled out the cheap tub and surround I found more rot then the Chris Craft had.:eek:
And just to add to the fun my wife's boat (That she loves more then me [ddd) is having issues and I'm going to have to spend time over at the local marina on Monday morning to see what they think the problem is. We have differing views at this point.
Stay tuned.......
Torchie
There is something ironic and extremely cool about a guy that builds his own handicap friendly bathroom and shower stall. [cl

You Torchie, Willowbilly, smallfoot, earthman and several other members here are what maintains my faith in the human race.

Stay tuned.......
Torchie

Isn't that the way it goes...that's the hot rod waltz(one step forward and two steps back)

There is something ironic and extremely cool about a guy that builds his own handicap friendly bathroom and shower stall. [cl

That's pretty much been the opinion of the gang at the hardware store Skip. But as I tell them. "Who knows better what a handicapped person needs then a handicapped person.: ;) The hardest part for me is when I have to get down on the floor. I have to make sure to have something near by to use to get back up.

You Torchie, Willowbilly, smallfoot, earthman and several other members here are what maintains my faith in the human race.

As do you bob.

Speak for yourself bobw! You got more going on than any 3 of us.

Yes he does smallfoot. We need to catch up.:D

Isn't that the way it goes...that's the hot rod waltz(one step forward and two steps back)

More like the "Waltz of life" smallfoot. ;)

Took care of the wife's boat this morning. She is called the Marge Barge (The boat. Not my wife. And that's another story). So that's one off the list.
When dealing with situations like this I make a point of not sounding like a know -it-all as I know how I felt when people tried to tell me how to do my jobs. The fact is that the boat in now considered to be "In Service" and I am no longer living in the garage.[cl :D :cool:
Now back to the bathroom.....
Thanks gang.
Torchie

....The hardest part for me is when I have to get down on the floor. I have to make sure to have something near by to use to get back up.
Torchie

Hey Torchie, you ain't the only one with this problem!:eek: Even with me having my two legs and being a few years younger, it's hard for me to get up off the floor, I gotta pull up on something. :eek: Even trying to squat and get back up is a challenge sometimes, my knees just don't work like they once did. Too many years of sitting on my butt in a truck seat I guess!:rolleyes:

Hey Torchie, you ain't the only one with this problem!:eek: Even with me having my two legs and being a few years younger, it's hard for me to get up off the floor, I gotta pull up on something. :eek: Even trying to squat and get back up is a challenge sometimes, my knees just don't work like they once did. Too many years of sitting on my butt in a truck seat I guess!:rolleyes:

The last time I had physical therapy they had me trying to do all kinds of stuff like that.:eek:
When I lost the leg back in 06 I could still do lots of things that I just can't anymore. It gets frustrating at times but I go with the flow and do what I can Bama.:)
Keep on keeping on....
Torchie

God help us all if we lose the "drive"...

Well. i think I have lost it for today smallfoot.:eek:
Just finished cutting away the wall. Moving studs and electrical and installing the new wider door.
Plus I managed to get all the old fixtures and junk out to the road in time for the township, twice a year, junk pickup. Saved a few bucks on dump fees.:D
Tomorrow the plumber is coming to see about moving the floor drain.
I live for the day that this thread gets back to being about the custom Mopar.[ddd
Keep on keeping on.....
Torchie

Latest posts

Back