Close up pic of weld

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonehead

Skull Master
My Dad is visiting with me for a while, and is a photography nut. So he is taking lots of pictures. I found this one really interesting and hope you guys do too. This is a close up of a mig weld. It has not been brushed or cleaned up, but I love the rings you can see in each puddle.

Attachments

• weld small.jpg
    weld small.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 304
I had a 16 year old kid workin for me a while back and he was learning to weld. I gave him a stack of stuff that required the same weld over and over. Pretty soon he starts getting sloppy. I told to be a good welder, you have to make every weld like you were going to show it off. Besides, If it is a pretty weld you don't have to grind it.

Bonehaed,
I’d rather see a good looking weld bare or under paint. Than a ground smoothed out weld any day.
I can’t help it being a weld by trade but to think what was wrong with the weld to start with. I know some people smooth their welds for looks. But I still like a good weld better.

heres a pic of my frame this is un grounded and just painted .....when i first did it i had a friend come over that does it everyday for a living and he gave me some pointer my beads were thin and the he showed me how to penetrate the metal and work it back and fourth to get a nice wide weld on it for strenght ....what do ya think ....never mind cant get any of my pics to load up :eek:

My Dad is visiting with me for a while, and is a photography nut. So he is taking lots of pictures. I found this one really interesting and hope you guys do too. This is a close up of a mig weld. It has not been brushed or cleaned up, but I love the rings you can see in each puddle.

If I count all those rings do I get your age? lol. just kidding. Truly nice weld though.

Latest posts

Back