Big Block Bantam

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the replies.
I've been wanting to cut the bars in my Goat to make it easier to get in.

attachment.php

You've been holding out on us, that thing is beautiful!

Swap Meet Score

Went to a little indoor swap meet with two of my friends and scored all this stuff, most of it for the Bantam. A Cheetah shifter ($100), Hughes 3,000 stall converter ($60), 3 steering wheels ($20) and a pair of overload springs ($5) in case the overload springs I got already are too weak.

Also got an aluminum front cover ($5) for sbc, a Mustang shifter ($5) and a glass lens tail light ($15).

Don't you just love a swap meet where people just want to get rid of stuff instead of trying to pay for a beachfront condo with the profits?

The yellow gas tank proved to be too tall so I made a tank the right size out of 18 ga. Only 8 gallons though. With the 468 big block it should get me around the block.

Added the dash bar and some short bars between the firewall hoop and the A pillar hoop. Ordered a chunk of 1 5/8" tube for the door bars for the Bantam and the Renault

Come on Bob, I know you could have made the yellow tank work, but I think you just had to bend some metal with that new toy sitting in the shop.:D

8 Gal may get you around the corner with that 468 BBC, but how will you get back. Whole hot rod is looking super. keep up the good work.[;)

Now that looks a lot better than the yellow tank and the ugly filler tube. Yes Tom, it was enjoyable building the tank. BTW, I also got the tank bolted down and the "billet" cap on the outside of the body.

Started making an angle iron framework for the aluminum panels that will fill in behind the seat.
Ordered a Mopar master cylinder (thank you OI for the part number) and began making an adapter to mount it to the Tilton pedal assembly I got off Craigslist.

Thank you to the members that follow this thread and post comments, It is appreciated.

It especially nice to see Tom checking in from time to time. Gonna be watching the March Meet on Bangshift in a few weeks.

Because the master cylinder is an 1 1/8" bore.
Check to see what ratio the Tilton pedal assembly is.
Most pedal arms are 7 to 1 ratio and makes a little bit stiff feel. The racing pedals are 8 to 1 ratio which is better.

Thanks for the good words Bob. The March meet should be bigger than ever and will have some great coverage with Bang Shift.[cl

Tank looks great. That nice cover should keep the Tech guys happy at the track.:D

Love watching the build, keep the pictures coming. [P

I modified the Tilton pedal assembly to work with one master cylinder instead of a pair of tandem cylinders. Had to mount it high on the firewall to clear the valve cover. Lengthened the pedal arm for better ratio and to be able to get my foot on it. It is still quite high but that is okay in a small car because the driver has a little more foot room.

Framed in the back with 1/2" angle iron. I drilled and tapped it for #10 Allen button head screws to attach the aluminum panels.

Looking good, real clean tank & cover installation. Brake pedal looks like it will do you fine for a small foot area. What pedal ratio did you end up with?[;)

Covers look great.[cl Getting close to laying some rubber in the old driveway.

Just a little information on the March Meet next week. New rule for the fuel altereds, must have 70% or better Nitro in the tank to make the show, No alcohol only and 6.0 Driver & Car Certification. They plan on running first round Saturday night. Should be something to see.[cl[cl

Latest posts

Back