Big Block Bantam

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Started brush painting the frame and roll cage...International Harvester Red. A coat of primer and a coat of red paint ought to hide the crappy welds pretty good. The welds are strong, just not pretty.

Thanks everyone for the positive comments. They're a good motivator.

Bought this '32 short radiator, shroud and electric fan for $200 from Dillon radiator in Rochester,MN

Yes smallfoot, I'm able to lay a nice bead somewhat near the joint but not on it. I get the "yips" when welding roll cage tubing and am unable to make a quarter round in one pass. I worry that I'm going off line and have to stop and look.

The frame is painted. I ran the fuel line today and clipped it to the frame. Made the battery cables. Picked up the narrowed rear end housing Yesterday. Now, I have to order axles.

Frame & Cage looking real sweet [cl

What color you got in mind for the body[S

That BBC looks right at home in the rails:D

Got the radiator and '32 radiator shell mounted. In front of it is a brass shrouded trans cooler made by Jim Babb.

Actually Sarge, this thing is going together a lot slower than desired. I'm finding lots of excuses to avoid working on it.

Love that painted / drilled axle on this HOT ROD. Period correct.:):)

Lots of drilled running gear, every pound counts at the track.:eek:

I made a square "bubble" where the drag link comes through the cowl. The pic doesn't show it well but it attaches with 10 screws.

Tom, I used a hole saw on the front axle and it went fairly well.

The car is looking great. Alot of nice work done on it. That thing is going to rumble with that Rat in there.

Latest posts

Back