Some sunrise pictures

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My thoughts too Bob! That "super moon" going on the last few days has been spectacular. My camera wouldn't do it justice...

Supposed to be another "super moon" at the end of this month. My bud Jr and I went fishing yesterday and caught 10 bass. Mostly small but fun any way because they were active all afternoon.

Not a great sunrise yesterday, wildfire smoke has settled into the valley again...

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20230804_061833.jpg
    20230804_061833.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 50
heres a couple i took - i actually took 22 pictures ! - on my way south to a swapmeet

East coast , south island NZ.Kaikoura, translates - Kai = food Koura= Lobster

Attachments

• image0000061 (3).jpg
    image0000061 (3).jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 14
  • image0000031 (2).jpg
    image0000031 (2).jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 15
Here's a non-sunrise picture for you.
We are sitting at one corner of that quarter section and the moon is a little bit north of the diagonal corner which makes it slightly north-north east while rising.
This picture might annoy the 'flatearthers' as the moon shouldn't be that big when it's rising, it shouldn't be rising at all, and it shouldn't be in the north-north east ever, or so they believe.

Attachments

• IMG_1340.jpg
    IMG_1340.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 16
Dutch, I had taken a picture of the moon with my phone on ordinary settings and it is much clearer, but the moon is much further away. So I ran the magnification up to the top and this is what I got.
I suppose I have just played into the 'flatearthers' hands here. In my first picture the moon looks like it's a quarter of a million miles away, whereas the picture that I showed you guys, the moon looks like it is only thirty two miles from us.
This is the first picture.

Attachments

• IMG_1339.jpg
    IMG_1339.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 16
Mac, I should have known you were playing tricks on us all.... I`ve checked the edges of the planet on google and I`m pretty sure it must be some kinda ball.

It`s always a challenge to capture the real beauty of the moment on camera...

Typical winter day in Minnesota. Sunrise, mid day, sunset. It's either black or grey here.

Attachments

• 20231205_093544.jpg
    20231205_093544.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 9

Latest posts

Back