Dodge Bros Rat Video

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeaverMatt

https://youtu.be/BOBEb3XAoMQ

Here is some video of my '18 Dodge Bros Rat from a drive to the family picnic on Memorial Day. It is a bit lengthy, so if you get bored jump forward to approx. 8 min 45 seconds and there is close up video of the car itself.

I just completed the hand built intake. Works quite well.

Looks like a fun ride.

Keep an eye on those copper gas lines. I once bought a '71 Challenger that burned because if them. Copper doesn't like vibration. A crack developed, the rest of the story wasn't pretty.

Looks like a fun ride.

Keep an eye on those copper gas lines. I once bought a '71 Challenger that burned because if them. Copper doesn't like vibration. A crack developed, the rest of the story wasn't pretty.

Yeah, copper work hardens and fatigues really easily. I used it for my radiator overflow, and even then it's rubber mounted so that it doesn't get any direct vibration.

I'm aware of the work hardening. I check them often. They are "clamped" together with "flexible" clamps. The multiple loops fore and aft of each line it to allow the lines to move and lessen/slow the work hardening. We'll see how it works.

Intake Manifold

Here are some pics of the manifold and carbs. I built the manifold from scratch - all 14 or 18 guage steel, except the flanges which I cut out of 3/8". About 65 separate pieces in all. The carb mounts came from Hellsgate Hot Rods in Idaho. I had a couple small problems at first (mainly small coolant leaks), but once fixed it runs surprisingly well.

Attachments

• ram1-1.jpg
    ram1-1.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_4459.jpg
    IMG_4459.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 33
  • ram7-1.jpg
    ram7-1.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 34
  • ram8-1.jpg
    ram8-1.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 33
Hey ....did you even slow down at that stop sign??!!

Kidding....must be the cop in me...lol....Nice ride...dig the strombergs ....that is a TON of copper...but sounds like you've got a handle on it's weaknesses so won't beat it to death...:D....Excellent vid's and Vehicle....[cl

Latest posts

Back