truck seat pics

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nhratrod

i have bomber seats in my 36 dodge p/u they suck looking for something more comfortable any ideas very limited space too as it's channeled 9"

thanks sawzall i may try to find one i may also try raising the front of the bomber seat about three inches to see if that helps.

You said it's channeled 9", you going to have a tall tranny hump. I have a 37 dodge and it looks like my seats will be 16" or 17" wide. Maybe seats out of an old MGB or something like that will work. I have a set out of a shuttle bus that are 17" wide and it looks like they may fit.

current seats are about 17" wide the hump is about three inches high i like the bomber look i just need to make mine more comfortable they are flat on the floor and the floor is pretty much flat no drop down im going to raise the fronts about three inches.

Hi NHratrod

I used a set of 1995 Dodge Neon seats before...they even came with seat belts and a shoulder harness...the retractable type like in all the modern day cars...they are quiet narrow too...should fit inside your cab...very comfy...

MikeC

i have bomber seats in my 36 dodge p/u they suck looking for something more comfortable any ideas very limited space too as it's channeled 9"
I also have bomber seats which were just fine when I installed them 7 years ago, now as I am not quite as limber as I was - I'm working on yr 77 as I write this -I'm looking for some replacements . At a car show a few weeks ago there were a lot of mustang convertibles with their tops down . So I was able to get a real good look at them . The back seats look like they just might work .Did some preliminary measurements and I think they could work . I am picking up my grandson tomorrow morning - that's the good part about being retired - and we are going seat shopping . He of course has a camera phone , if we find any , I will get him to post the pics . Kind of excited about this , as I am in the process of moving my battery and fuse box from under my seat to under the hood . Also doing a complete reconfiguration of my wires as we were green horns and in a hurry when we built this thing . With every thing torn out this will be the perfect time for a seat change . If it works , bomber seats will be for sale soon . More tomorrow if any body is interested .

Jag xke leather seats

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 60
i found some that seem to work nice tractor seats the metal dish kind that come padded im going to install tonite.

As much as I wanted them to fit , I just couldn't make it happen . Built some new brackets for the Bomber seats this afternoon , guess it will be them , at least till this winter .

Latest posts

Back