shutoff valve on gas tank

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see a lot of reference to shutoff valves on gas tanks.could anyone give me a part # or a source to get one ?? all I seem to be able to come up with are plastic for the most part. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx.

got by a tractor place they should have a valve .. most all the older tractors has a valve on the tank or
in line . I dont think i'll be needing one, my filters is on the frame , but I can change them with out loosing much gas .

Was my thought too...

Shut off for what? To cut the gas off to the carb or if the car rolls over?

BoB

Roll over valve or simply a shut off valve.....Speedway motors...Tractor supply...wouldn't a simple ball valve do the same? Never tried one but would think it would work...Hummmm [S

On that last build, I used a ball valve, but went through two of them before I got a good one. The reason I wanted one is two fold. A quick way to shut the fuel off from the engine, if needed, and as a theft deterrent. And of course, because I made it look cool.
With a glass fuel filter.

hey thats a cool door , I like it !!!! and just put a master switch some place to keep some one from running off with it . a car could run for a block or two with just the gas in the carb (if you dont want it too ) If you did want it to run that far it would quit with in 10 feet .

Wasn't a dig on you Pops....

You really know how to hurt a guy don't you? We hate Chinese made stuff bot it's getting to the point that's all you can get.

It's just true that nearly all the stuff you find has a "Made in China" sticker sitting on it....drives me nuts....but that's a short drive anyway...lol..

Marine stores carry them in brass. The other good reason to have one is you can shut off the fuel while changing the fuel filter then reopen it when done.

Don

if your ingenius

You could get an electric operated valve that is used to change tanks on vehicles that have more than one tank. Block off one outlet. Other to carb or ???

Guarantee you`ll be the only one on your block to have an electrically operated on- off valve in fuel supply.

shut off valve

thanks for the input guys. I wanted it to mainly shut the gas flow from the tank before my inline filter on the frame. so I can change the filter when needed without getting a bath in petrol. thx again, Bill[cl

I put a brass ball valve on the spun alloy tank in the bed of my RPU, just because I had it laying around. The tank is high so fuel will run downhill and drown everything if I need to work on the filter, hose, mech fuel pump etc.

Something that ****es me is the shiny red and chrome Speedway fuel filter, that never stops leaking. I put new O rings and stuff in, stripped, cleaned, assembled several times, but it still drips fuel all the time. It is going in the trash when I get home.

I'm glad I put the valve in there now.

I used a lows ball valve they with hose nipple ends. The tank was above the pump to do any work from the pump up it had to off.

Latest posts

Back