1934 Plymouth five window

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys, sometimes I need a little encouragement when doing the tedious stuff.

We all do,Mac.
Heck. I was tired of tack welding even before I started the Dodge.:eek: [;)[;) [ddd.
That's just one of the reason's I love this site. We are all here to cheer each other on. It's like our own version of the Chet Atkins/Les Paul song, "I'm your greatest fan.":D [cl
Torchie

And speaking of little wee things that are painful, here is a brake handle perimeter split air line border. Now that installation is tedious business.

Attachments

• IMG_2150.jpg
    IMG_2150.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 20
I happen to be a fan of E-brakes, Sgt.P, because I use them for a parking brake, too.
So anyway I took the linkage all apart and painted it and replaced it.
Also, I had put the wrong length e-brake cable in one wheel when I rebuilt the brakes, so I had to change it out for a much longer one. The really short one is wrapped around and stuck behind the axle flange, just for show.

Attachments

• IMG_2152.jpg
    IMG_2152.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2155.jpg
    IMG_2155.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 17
I happen to be a fan of E-brakes, Sgt.P, because I use them for a parking brake, too.
So anyway I took the linkage all apart and painted it and replaced it.
Also, I had put the wrong length e-brake cable in one wheel when I rebuilt the brakes, so I had to change it out for a much longer one. The really short one is wrapped around and stuck behind the axle flange, just for show.

Agree with that Mac.
I don't call them E-brakes, I've always called them parking brakes.
A must have for any vehicle with a manual trans. Plus....How you going to be able to "Drift" race with out one.:eek: :D [cl :cool: [ddd
[P [P [P
Torchie

You guys have given me food for thought. I haven't had an emergence brake on a car for years also. It's because I'm an optimist; I'm not peeking around every corner checking for the next accident to happen.
I have had Parking brakes on all of those same vehicles, though. In my trucking career I had many short trips so I had many stops; all needed a parking brake, because you want the truck to be sitting right where you left it, and you don't want it to have wandered off anywhere.
So here's an addition to the front end of the parking brake cable, rubber accordion boots to keep the dirt and water out of the cable housing. I found these at a hydraulic shop.

Attachments

• IMG_2159.jpg
    IMG_2159.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 23

Latest posts

Back