What was the Last Muscle Car?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You fellas are missing the point a little. A muscle car is a mid sized 2 door family car with a big engine, RWD and kinda skinny wheels and tires. so if you look at it that way then the 06 pontiac GTO was the last muscle car made. 2 door sedan, 6 spd or auto, kinda skinny wheels and tires, and a 6.0L v8 w/400hp. Look at the first GTO's and compare. 2 door mid sized sedan, 389 ci (06 GTO's are 364ci), 4 spd or auto, RWD, and right around 360hp with kinda skinny wheels and tires.

Vettes and vipers were/are sports cars. mustangs and camaros/firebirds were/are pony cars or 2+2's. the impalla SS, mercury miraders, pontiac G8's, furys, catalinas etc were all large sedans and not considered muscle cars.

So like it or leave it, I think be definition, the 06 GTO is the last "muscle car" built. on with the debate...........[cl[P

I think the answer is in the early 70's. If you remember when power and torque died and was replaced by anemic V8's that were still called" muscle". Had a friend who was heavy into Mopars. He purchased a 74 roadrunner new. That wasn't anywhere near a muscle car! Weak 318 that wouldn't even light up a tire in the rain. Having lived in that period I consider 1972 to be the end....CR

My definition of muscle car is a midsized car with big power,without all the frills and computers of today.Just a big powerful tire burner.Any car with computer can`t be a muscle car,with computers it is a high tech car.
Just my 2 pennies worth.
Hope this post is ok,I just got my hand slapped at the ham bone site.Still trying to figure out what I did wrong.:confused:
thanks

Probably nothing!!

Lord only knows what you did, but get on certain topics there and man, the stuff hits the fan..... much more "user friendly" here.... by the way, can someone explain to me what I'm doing wrong with the icon thing.. can't get any on the reply to move into the text box..????

Well being a Buick man I have to say the Grand National would be the last one.I have to admit although not Buick the "64"GTO was the first.

Gto -71

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back