28 Fast Four build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the boat rollers. I used a long one on one of my lawnmowers to keep the deck from scraping since it didn't have front wheels on it.
Good info on the cutting board, too. Might have to pick up a couple of those. Looks like it might make a good bondo mix board, even if a little large...

I never say lol, but LOL !!! [cl

Checked again yesterday, just after posting, :mad: hasn't been shipped yet, said cancel the order, they said we can't it's confirmed. :mad::mad:and on and on. jumped in the car and went to swift for an electric pump.

I like the boat rollers. I used a long one on one of my lawnmowers to keep the deck from scraping since it didn't have front wheels on it.
Good info on the cutting board, too. Might have to pick up a couple of those. Looks like it might make a good bondo mix board, even if a little large...

Odd stuff comes in handy for all kinds of things.

Very Cool [cl
Don't ya just love making stuff and not buying stuff :p

Yup,

Nice work Dozer. I too use those cutting boards for all kinds of stuff. My buddy saw one laying on my bench one day and thought I'd lost my mind!

Nice work Dozer. I too use those cutting boards for all kinds of stuff. My buddy saw one laying on my bench one day and thought I'd lost my mind!

Thanks Bill, the first time I bought them I was at walmart with the wife I put six in the cart and I got the weirdest look from her.:D

Soooo, I took the old fuel pump off and almost had a coronary

attachment.php

No arm on the pump, first thoughts were it was in the bottom of the oil pan, got a light and could just see the broken end at the bottom of the mount opening and was able to pluck it out.

attachment.php

Because the other pump has still not been shipped I went to the city and picked up an electric, no more problems.

attachment.php

Made a halfassed fan shroud and Magivered the old fan to lock it up and finnished the break in on the 440.

Video of the break in and pump. https://youtu.be/NNiRwuiJ5GE

Attachments

• Resize of 1928 Dodge Fuel pump 001.jpg
    Resize of 1928 Dodge Fuel pump 001.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Resize of 1928 Dodge Fuel pump 002.jpg
    Resize of 1928 Dodge Fuel pump 002.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Resize of 1928 Dodge Fuel pump 003.jpg
    Resize of 1928 Dodge Fuel pump 003.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 31
My next question is where would you put the fuel pick up in the fuel tank when your building one from scratch, out the top with a tube or fitting in the bottom?[S

My next question is where would you put the fuel pick up in the fuel tank when your building one from scratch, out the top with a tube or fitting in the bottom?[S

If I was building a tank I'd put an in tank fuel pump in the top of it. They are so quiet and dependable you can't go wrong. Just my $.02 worth.

Your ride is coming along nicely. I'm a die Mopar power guy so I'm loving your 440.
Great job.

Mechanical pumps are excellent self-priming "pullers", so a conventional top mounted "siphon tube" works fine.

Electric pumps make better pushers than pullers, so it's best to feed them by gravity. In tank or sump fed would be my choices...

If I was building a tank I'd put an in tank fuel pump in the top of it. They are so quiet and dependable you can't go wrong. Just my $.02 worth.

Your ride is coming along nicely. I'm a die Mopar power guy so I'm loving your 440.
Great job.

Thanks POPS, My budget is long gone, and I all ready have a new inline pump, so I will have to use it.

Mechanical pumps are excellent self-priming "pullers", so a conventional top mounted "siphon tube" works fine.

Electric pumps make better pushers than pullers, so it's best to feed them by gravity. In tank or sump fed would be my choices...

Thanks Doc I will proceed as recommended.

The best place for an external electric pump pickup is coming out the side as close to the bottom as possible.
Not the optimal place but, you can put the pickup tube in the top as long as the external pump is at or below the bottom of the tank and as close to the tank as possible.

Latest posts

Back