28 Fast Four build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Defroster duct, another very small project that took a little work every day for 5 days. I did and in depth video of the process at the request of one of my youtube subscribers. https://youtu.be/BCPF4YCvHQw

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of Beatin on it 002.jpg
    Resize of Beatin on it 002.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 86
  • Resize of Beatin on it 001.jpg
    Resize of Beatin on it 001.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 87
I threw away the stock 727 kick down linkage as it won't fit in the tight spaces. I looked on line for cable replacements and Lokar makes a kit that includes the throttle cable. But it is almost $300. CDN landed at my door, I just couldn't justify that much money for two cables and couple brackets, so I ordered a knock off from a good Ebay seller, :eek: all I can say is don't do it the kit is crap for the most part. The Ebay seller has been great to deal with and is sending me an updated cable for the throttle, I will keep for a spare.
Here is a video with the details. https://youtu.be/hBsqjoXYkwc

Just watched your video, Glen. Pretty darn good. Too bad about all the snow, unless you like pushing it around. Gotta have some fun with it.
I bought a Locar TV cable assembly for the small torqflite in my RPU. it is pretty good. Nothing flexed. About $80.00. I've got 2 2 bbls. on the slant 6 so I had to make a bracket.

How did you apply the hammered finish paint?

Just watched your video, Glen. Pretty darn good. Too bad about all the snow, unless you like pushing it around. Gotta have some fun with it.
I bought a Locar TV cable assembly for the small torqflite in my RPU. it is pretty good. Nothing flexed. About $80.00. I've got 2 2 bbls. on the slant 6 so I had to make a bracket.

How did you apply the hammered finish paint?

Thanks Bob between our devalued dollar duty brokerage and tax it sucks ordering out of the US. The Hammered finish is a Rustoleum product that comes in a spray can. It is a little finicky to put on it likes it warm and you have to shack the can till your arm hurts then change arms. I have also started heating the can in a bucket of warm water and that helps alot.

A little more forward movement. I installed a Vintage Air Gen II heater. The quality was a little bit of a let down. Instructions leave a lot to be desired, there is no template for drilling the holes in the fire wall, the grommets for the aluminum tubes are a sloppy fit and there is no bracket to support the coolant control valve and not even a mention that it should be supported. I also got my battery master switch and fuel tank vent installed in an inconspicuos spot.

Video https://youtu.be/_3iio6nGUYs

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of Master switch and Heater 006.jpg
    Resize of Master switch and Heater 006.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 35
  • Resize of Master switch and Heater 004.jpg
    Resize of Master switch and Heater 004.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Resize of Master switch and Heater 005.jpg
    Resize of Master switch and Heater 005.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Resize of Master switch and Heater 007.jpg
    Resize of Master switch and Heater 007.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Resize of Master switch and Heater 008.jpg
    Resize of Master switch and Heater 008.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Resize of Master switch and Heater 009.jpg
    Resize of Master switch and Heater 009.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Resize of Master switch and Heater 011.jpg
    Resize of Master switch and Heater 011.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 36
  • Resize of Master switch and Heater 013.jpg
    Resize of Master switch and Heater 013.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Love the "Hide away" stuff behind the plate.[cl :D :cool:
Just a FYI.... I took a old, long, sawzall blade and welded 2 hose clamps to it that are big enough to go around a spray can. Insert the can. Tighten the clamps and pull the trigger. Variable speed Rattle can paint shaker.:eek::p
[P [P [P
Torchie

Great idea Glen, I'll log that one in the memory bank as well.

Thanks Bill

Love the "Hide away" stuff behind the plate.[cl :D :cool:
Just a FYI.... I took a old, long, sawzall blade and welded 2 hose clamps to it that are big enough to go around a spray can. Insert the can. Tighten the clamps and pull the trigger. Variable speed Rattle can paint shaker.:eek::p
[P [P [P
Torchie

Thanks Torchie, the paint shaker is a good idea[cl[cl

Latest posts

Back