Wiring

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wjcgasser

Putting a 4.3 from a 1996 jimmy with a 4l60e tranny in a 1974 Ventura anyone know an easy way to wire it up, the cheapest harness I can find online is around 600.00 and I’m pretty cheap so looking for a way of doing it without spending a fortune

Putting a 4.3 from a 1996 jimmy with a 4l60e tranny in a 1974 Ventura anyone know an easy way to wire it up, the cheapest harness I can find online is around 600.00 and I’m pretty cheap so looking for a way of doing it without spending a fortune

The cheapest is using the harness out of the donor and modifying it. The cleanest and quickest is using an aftermarket harness. $600 is a good price for an aftermarket harness considering the headaches and time it saves you.

When I did my first LS swap my buddy had a friend that worked at a GM dealership... he rewired the original computer for $100! He went through it like... you don't need this one, you don't need that one! It was cool! I had NO clue!!! Best $100 I ever spent!

BoB

Change intake and put on a carb, only need 1 wire for the HEI and 1 or 3 for the alternator, depending on which one you have. Oh, and one for the starter, along with the hot cable. Plain, simple, and easy! Can't help ya on the trans though!:D[ddd:D

This car is for the wife that’s why I want to use the fuel injection, I have the complete vehicle and it runs real good as is. If it was for me , I have a carbed 500 Cadillac I would put in it like my gasser has in it. I will see once I pull the engine and wiring harness and computer see how difficult it looks

Latest posts

Back