Kill Switch's

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ignition

on my race cars l ran a heavy duty toggle switch between the H E I and the power source, flip the switch & no spark.

Later:cool:

Just wanted to get some ideas on your fav Kill Switch ideas, without one from the battery...Thanks

When I had my Jeep Wrangler, I had a bunch of switches that ran various lights. One of them was a switch that cut off my electric fuel pump. It was EFI, which is not real common in Rat Rods, but it allows the crook to "think" they hot wired it until the fuel pressure drops to where it won't run. Most crooks will keep trying it since they got it to start once, which gives you more time to get to them with your aluminum baseball bat to the head or whatever weapon you should choose. Also, since they most likely started it and drove a (very) short distance before it cut off, they legally "stole" it as opposed to "intended to steal" or "damaged/defaced" which is easier to prosecute (if there is anything left of them to prosecute).

The switch I used was a single pole double throw and the other throw went to a small dash light that served as a reminder to me that the fuel pump was off. If the light was off, the pump was on and vice versa.

Just wanted to get some ideas on your fav Kill Switch ideas, without one from the battery...Thanks

If you are a popular writer with a well know magazine it appears they just blow up your car and steer it into a tree XD
That usually puts a stop to it all

I always have a kill switch or "battery disconnect" switch on all my cars. Cut the power off when I'm away from it and as a precaution if there's ever an electrical prob etc. But to cut the power off in an emergency there's always the ignition key! [ddd

Zipper

I use a Fordson tractor ignition /light swith. The switch has to be in the right position (after you turn the key ) to put power to the start push button.
I also have a battery disconnect switch with a key.
My '47 will use a GM locking column with the neutral safety switch wired to the floor shifter....and a battery disconnect switch...
Use a toggle swith wired to a Ford solenoid that will kill all of the power when
turned off...
I wired my friends Camaro so that the cigarette lighter was the kill switch.

weld on........[;)

I use an unused knob on the original dash as a ignition kill. Both vehicles are set that way. Who'd think to turn the windshield wipers to off to start?

I like the lighter idea.

On most of my cars with small block chevys i mounted the coil on the inside of the firewall. Just pulled the wire out of it.

Instead of running the seat belt buzzer, run the HEI wire through there. What crook is gonna put the seat belt on?

I use an unused knob on the original dash as a ignition kill. Both vehicles are set that way. Who'd think to turn the windshield wipers to off to start?

I like the lighter idea.

Well they probably wouldn't have thought of it but since you just told them on a public forum you may need something new now.....lol

Latest posts

Back