Good news!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rab71

not only did I find the anchor pin I was missing, I scored entire f100 axle with brakes;)

I sure hope so. I spke to the DMV yesterday too, adn found out I dont need to get the truck inspected to get it registered. It is titled as a hobbyist vehicle so rthe rules much more leaniant. If I was to be building from scratch (which I did basically but didnt tell them that) and didnt have a title or it was registered as a regular vehicle I would need to get inspected. But since it already is a hobbyist registered vehicle im all set.:D

Rab71, you said your truck was already registered as a hobbist? That must be what saved a guy, eh? I was looking into the whole hobbist plate deal and the website claims that you do indeed need an inspection. Ive been trying to get ahold of the actual inspection guy at the statepatrol office so I can get a check list of things that they will want to see so Im not wasting my time or theirs. My biggest pain will probably be emergency brakes:(.........

I want to give you guys something to think about, Here in Alabama all the criteria is on a website somewhere, One of the biggest things that is emphasized is the apparent DIRE NEED for windshield wipers. The website says nothing at all about a windshield.....

And I'm Flatbroke......With some food for thought

FlatBroke:
I want to give you guys something to think about, Here in Alabama all the criteria is on a website somewhere, One of the biggest things that is emphasized is the apparent DIRE NEED for windshield wipers. The website says nothing at all about a windshield.....

LOL, the only thing that comes to mind when I read this was....."You might be a Redneck if....." :D

Yeah if your vehicle had been previously registered as a hobbyist then it needs to be inspected. If you are not building a new vehicle or you are replicating and older vehicle it needs to adhere to those safety standards. If you are buildint a 23T it needs to have the safety standards of a 23T is the way I understand the rules in WI.

This is fo WI only... Regarding custom built or kit cars etc.

http://www.dmv.org/wi-wisconsin/custom-built-cars.php

SmallBlock call State Patrol Wuakesha post you will ask for Inspector Knoll. Tell him you are trying to register a antique. A few things: 29 and down fenders are not required(for inspection)30 and up(there needed) after that you can pull them, does ur vehicle have ANY id #'s if so its a plus Ask for a MV2769,MV1, and a statement of vehicle transfer and a Wisc DOT GUIDELINES REQUEST LETTER(Im looking at the envelope handed to me,from him) the fone # is262-785-4700 this should get you started on getting a title

Excellent info Lanechange. I was wondering about the fenders. I still may fab some fenders. I was thinking of having flames cut into them like the hood. We'll see...:rolleyes:

I work for the DOT driving tow truck in Kenosha co. on I-94 program called Gateway Patrol. I talk with State Patrol all the time(and troopers on the side of the I) I asked 1 of the troopers whom I needed to talk to, I was sent to the scale he was at(spoke for a bit got the papers, may need to go see him over a few things) One thing Insp. Knoll WILL WANT is a fan shroud on a motor driven fan, NO ?'s asked

Some people run hoodless cars w/o shrouds saying they run cool enuff.funny thing is look at dash and no guage or light(buddies dad has 25 T built in 71-72 no shroud,framebuilt out of1.5x4x 0.065" rear cross member built out of 2x2x0.065(no gussets anywhere)one cross member(trans mount) original glass(not safety)grade 5 nuts-n-bolts

Latest posts

Back