Triangulated 4 Link Bags ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnxtreme

Doing an 1-1/2" Triangulated 4 link setup in the rear with bags in my 40 Pontiac Coupe. Trying to figure out where to install the bags, front of axle, rear of axle, top of axle or on link bars, which is what the bag company recommended for best ride, looks like a cool set-up, but doesn't look as beefy as on top of axle. What's the pros and cons ? My setup is a 750HP big block Chevy, 5 speed Doug Nash and 4:11 9 bolt Ford .

Seems to me on the links will give you a softer ride and definitely more lift. If you plan on using that HP, I'm wondering if over the axle might be best. My Olds is over axle and I think it could be a little softer at 3" ride and 40psi. But any softer at that height and I might literally be bouncing off the pavement. So it's a toss up. The front needs 60psi.

Figure out what is the lowest point you want your ride. Then what is the lowest thickness the bag will collapse? The farther from the fulcrum point the easier it will lift but the less height, the closer to hinge point the more height but the harder or more air to lift.I usually determine how much height I need and place the bag at the farthest point to obtain it from a collapsed point.

Latest posts

Back