I might be trading the 64

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inked Monkey

Tarzan's tatted best friend
A lady stopped by my work tonight and start raving about my imp. She said that her first car was it exactly and that she has been looking for a solid one for a really long time. I started talking and told her that my first car was a 65 olds and that I've been looking for one of them for a long time as well. Well low and behold she has an all original running and driving 64 olds 442 that she wants to trade straight up.:eek: I would be stupid not to jump on the deal, so I told her to bring it down sat so I can take a look. She said that it is starting to rust above the wheels on the quarters, but the rest of the car is solid and complete. I can't wait!!! I love the imp, but I'm always open to others. And even though the 442 is her baby, she seems really excited to trade because she has always wanted another 64 impala. Hopefully everything turns out and we both get what we want!!!!!:cool:

Kool trade!

I would be stupid not to jump on the deal, so I told her to bring it down sat so I can take a look. I can't wait!!! I love the imp, but I'm always open to others. And even though the 442 is her baby, she seems really excited to trade because she has always wanted another 64 impala. Hopefully everything turns out and we both get what we want!!!!!:cool:

Inked,
Wow... what a coincidence! That would b a kool trade!!! Hope it works for ya!

BoB

The only thing that matters is that both people involved are happy with the end result.

Good luck and keep us posted. Don't forget to point her in the direction of RRR

Yea, that sounds like a good trade to me unless you are emotionally attached to your Impala. If everything is in order (paperwork), and the car is what she claims, I would go for it. Then you could give your pinstriping friend his second job on a car :) .

Sorry I haven't been around. I decided not to trade. Instead I'm throwing my freshly built 350 in the 64 and keeping it. I figure that I know what needs to be done on the imp and I wouldn't on the 442. And with the new stripes, everybody and their mothers are loving it.:D After I get the new motor in, I'll post some pics. My buddy striped the air cleaner and the valve covers and I painted the entire engine grille black. It looks SWEET!!!!!!!

Fess up Inked... u're stripin' buddy said he'll kill u if u traded!

He has been bugging me to buy it! I found an original 51 chevy styleline deluxe that I thought about buying and I still might. If so, I'd sell the imp to him. At least I'd know that the 64 will still be around.

Once I get this killer motor in it I should be able to get some more money out of it, but then again, I'll probably fall in love with it all over again.

I just got done changing the rear seal, filter and pan gasket on the powerglide. She should be nice and dry now!!! I probably wont be able to drop the new motor in until this weekend, but I think I'm gonna go ahead and rebuild the frontend while it's down. Something about running around without dust caps bothers me:rolleyes:

Does anybody know if local part stores carry the cool chrome bullet dust caps?

tranny fluid

don't know about the p.g. but for a th350 and th400 with new converter i always got 12 qrts. about 8qrts. for filter change and cleaning the cooler, seems like i almost always had alittle left over, but you mite need some for your power steering too.

Latest posts

Back