do i have issues?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, we checked the cars out today. Both had alot of rust but everything is there. They really were driven and parked fours years ago,in fact, he didn't even know how to pop the hood on the red one. I talked to him for a bit, he was a really nice guy, I got to meet his wife who he just married. Hence the reason he is clearing some stuff out. The red one has the worst of it, the passenger side floor is completly gone. He never had titles on either one, both were given to him about four years ago (seperately) and he has never touched them. I got the vins on both to run at the dmv and will get the paperwork together on both. We will probably trailer both to my house next weekend. Here's the best part:

He is selling me both for $500! It seems fair considering the condition they are in but still pretty good I think, even for parts cars. Anyways, my wife is harrassing me to go to bed so I have to end the post. Night guys!

Attachments

• pictures 464.jpg
    pictures 464.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 10
  • pictures 460.jpg
    pictures 460.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 8
  • pictures 459.jpg
    pictures 459.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 10
here are some more pics

Attachments

• pictures 457.jpg
    pictures 457.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 6
  • pictures 467.jpg
    pictures 467.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 6
  • pictures 468.jpg
    pictures 468.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 7
  • pictures 465.jpg
    pictures 465.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 6
Good for you Joe. Now that you have so many you can build one of these....

and one of these................

and one of these.................................

great gastrick, you posted four pics! I only have three! now i have to go get another one :D. Seriously though, that first one is sick! I got some more pics at home along with some pics of that "lotus" i'll post when i get a chance. The "lotus" looked like it was built out of angle iron and sheetmetal and is pretty gnarly looking, i wouldn't say it's anywhere near finished nor worth much except for the suspension and motor and i don't know what thats worth either, everything is from a pinto.

Wow!!!

WOW!!! I love that green 544 Gastrick posted. That really rocks. My brother got a brand new 544 when he graduated high school in '64. He put over 500K miles on the original motor!!!

BoB

i'm thinking my car is going to be more like the first too, my wifes more like the second two.

that guy also had a 62 corvette he used to drag race when he was a kid. he said it had a blown chrysler big block in it back in the day, hence the reason it had HALF-BREED painted on the side. It was pretty slick (under a pile of parts though, too bad, he should really fix it up and drive it).

here are the pics of that lotus he has, he wants $600 but like i said, i doubt it's worth even that. what do u guys think?

Attachments

• pictures 474.jpg
    pictures 474.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 9
  • pictures 477.jpg
    pictures 477.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 6
  • pictures 476.jpg
    pictures 476.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 5
  • pictures 472.jpg
    pictures 472.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 8
  • pictures 473.jpg
    pictures 473.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 11
no comments on the lotus? I'm suprised, it's rusty enough, it's built out of angle iron and sheetmetal, i thought it would be right up trippers alley :p

I think the originals were super rare but i'm pretty sure these replicas are fairly common. this one was built in 82. i don't think it's ever been tagged or registered so i'm sure it would be a bear to get street legal. he only wants $600 but like i said, i doubt it would be worth the hassle. but what do i know, i'm going to own three volvo 544's that don't run in less then a week :p.

so we sold that other car and now wife is like....oh the yard is so nice without all those cars etc etc etc. so i'm still going to get those cars but i was thinking of doing something diffrent. Turns out if i get them running I can get a day pass to drive them down to the dmv for vin verification (which should make getting two titles much easier). The one I already have has an almost perfect body in comparison to the ones i'm buying however the ones i'm buying have complete motors and dash's etc unlike the car i have. I think if i use the good body and all the parts off of the other two i can do a fairly nice and drivable amateur restoration. Decent body, decent motor, and decent interior. Clean it super clean and sell it. I'm thinking i could get about $3000. Then I rat rod the second like i want, and part out the last or junk it. What do you guys think? I see fully restored 544's get about $7000-$9000 and ones like the two i'm buying go anywhere from $500-$1250. So I'm thinking $3000-$4000 would be fair for a very nice driver. I think between the three cars I will only need to purchase consumables such as oil and brake shoes,etc. Thoughts?

Latest posts

Back