A trip to Auto Candyland.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went there to look for my next project. I narrowed my list down, and I have to pick from one of these:

41 Ford pick up
40 Ford coupe
39 Ford 2 dr sedan
39 Dodge coupe
46 Chevy pick up
46 Chevy coupe
47 Ford 2 dr sedan
48 Ford coupe
48-52 Ford Panel Vans
55/56/57 Chevy's
49-53 Ford's
55/56 Ford's
65/66 Mustang's

AAAARRRRRRGGGGG!!!!!!

You see, right there is where I would have a problem. I couldn't decide. I would probably lean toward the 40 Ford coupe or the 39 Ford sedan but I could argue with myself about many of the rest of them too.

Would anyone be interested in this 29 Ford? Yeah, the price you see on the back window is the haggle price. The Phone # is good, 210-287-7474 or 210-667-2101, ask for Randy.

Attachments

• Sunp0044.jpg
    Sunp0044.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Sunp0045.jpg
    Sunp0045.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Sunp0047.jpg
    Sunp0047.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Sunp0048.jpg
    Sunp0048.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 8
  • Sunp0049.jpg
    Sunp0049.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Magic bus!

That photo was taken from outside the fence. He's got a lot more inside. Did you want me to call him Monday and get details and a price?

Nan, just wondering what kind or year it was? I've always wanted a bus but have to clear out a few B4 that can happen! Thanks though!

BoB

List goin'!!!

I went there to look for my next project. I narrowed my list down, and I have to pick from one of these:

41 Ford pick up
40 Ford coupe
39 Ford 2 dr sedan
39 Dodge coupe
46 Chevy pick up
46 Chevy coupe
47 Ford 2 dr sedan
48 Ford coupe
48-52 Ford Panel Vans
55/56/57 Chevy's
49-53 Ford's
55/56 Ford's
65/66 Mustang's

AAAARRRRRRGGGGG!!!!!!

Dude,
You got u a list goin' on there!!! I'm afraid to post mine because my wife reads this too!!! Don't wanna scare her any more than I already have!!! ; - >

BoB

My wife handles the books, she's better at it than I am. She keeps telling me: "One project at a time, Heyoka. Finish one, start another."
(Heyoka-Lakota word for clown)
It'll be a while before I decide.

Ok, let me clue you guys in about this place. It was started by John's dad back in 1952 when the soil was no longer any good for farming. Dad was a hot rodder in his youth, and started the yard with all the "toys" he could afford. He'd sell one at a higher price and use the money to buy two more. By 1970 His son John was home from the Military and also hot rodder. Later on John took over as owner. It's a Salvage yard, not a junk or scrap yard. Nothing in there is newer than 1980. The majority is 40's and 50's. There are only a handfull of 30's left. He doesn't take in junk cars to be scrapped or crushed for the poundage. He ONLY takes in cars that can be turned into hot rods.
There are four people involved in this operation. John does the buying, selling, negotiating, shipping and inventory, his wife does the office/books and front counter, both employees do local pick up and delivery, and all the yard work.
John is an old school hot rodder, and wants to deal exclusively with hot rodders. But, he hasn't got the time to sit in front of a computer on a website or sit at a phone answering questions. He relies on word of mouth advertising. One hot rodder tells another hot rodder.
That's where I come in. I'm a rodder...You're a rodder...I live fourty-five minutes from John's yard. You want to buy, but you're not gonna buy a "pig-in-a-poke". I can get you photos and show you the "hidden" problems and answer your questions. It's the next best thing to being there, not like E-Bay where you see only the best side, or you don't know about the "hidden" problems until the money is paid out and you get it home. John will only deal with those that are ready to do a transaction. When I go there I ask: "John, 56 Chevy 2 dr, two tone, missing back seat, how much?" He thinks a moment, gives me a price and asks if I have a buyer. I tell him a potential buyer. He says: "Eyeball it, give him all the info and when he's ready have him contact me and I'll do the rest." And he's off.
So, what do I get out of all this...Nothing, Nada, Zip, Zero.
So, why do I do it...UMMMM, here's where I'm stuck...I don't have an answer. Maybe it's because I got tired of being left out of the loop. All the senior rodders would tell only their "special" friends where the good yards were, and the rest of us had to buy from the seniors at top dollar when they grew tired of it, or needed the room or money.

If you're in the market...You know where I am.

Charge him a small finders fee Lakota. He might just appriciate you more.

Sounds like he truely is an old hotrodder at heart. That makes you one too.

Thanks for shareing "candyland" with us

Latest posts

Back