Another NC member....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,
Another NC member here! (North/central part of the state, near Virginia line).
I've been into cars all my life, but sadly, am not much of a "mechanic"....just lived in cities too long, where I had nothing but on-street parking, no shop, nowhere to work on the car, none of my friends shared my interest in cars, lots of other "excuses", LOL. :rolleyes:
I did to art school, though, back in the day, and am very interested in the design, paint/body side of working on cars. Currently learning body work & paint.

I now live "out in the country", and I finally have room for my cars!
I have a 1957 Plymouth that I've had since '82, just had the engine rebuilt, am keeping the car mostly original, but definitely not going for the Trailer Queen look! Well-loved daily driver is the idea.... .
Have a 1961 Ford Fairlane driver, currently pretty "stock" except for paint job.

The "rat rod" will be the fairly newly acquired 1956 Pontiac StarChief, which is roughhhh, but very beautiful (to me!) in her own way.....just gotta fix those Fred Flintstone floors asap.

The plan for the Pontiac is get her safe & roadworthy (I suspect it'll take 3-5 years, since I have other projects going), preserve the "character" of the car's surface rust/patina...with some added flames or pinstripes, a painted roof, nicely painted wheels. Inside, she has the original teal/turquoise seats, dash, door panels.........and although ratty, they are too great not to keep for awhile. I really appreciate the rat rod philosophy of "have FUN with your car!" vs all the egos & Barrett-Jackson wannabees. At car shows, I always find myself gravitating toward the rat rods and their owners. Much more in line with the way I think.... .

In NC, the car show & cruise-in season runs from about March to October, so I'm already mourning the onset of winter. In season, I try to hit at least one car event a month (sometimes I make it to one a week if I'm lucky) in & around the areas of Raleigh, Henderson NC, Richmond VA, Charlotte NC, etc occasionally into Tennessee.

I'm grateful for this resource. :)
Read about 150 or so posts my first two days here, so ...thanks. :)

Hey Sam when ya comin back to the Drive in? welcome from one of the newest members at RRR...................lol

Welcome!!!

Fins,
Welcome to the forum... glad u found us! Make u're self @ home & feel free to join rat in!!!

BoB

Hey Sam when ya comin back to the Drive in? welcome from one of the newest members at RRR...................lol

Hi Devin---- small world, eh? :D
I been missing the drive-in, for sure (that's Raleigh Road Outdoor Theater, in Henderson NC, for the rest of you guys---- come see us on a Saturday night! http://raleighroaddrivein.com/ ).

Just been too busy to get there.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

hey Must_Have_Fins, welcome to RRR. Lexington here, well a small community called Reedy Creek.
Looking forward to seeing your rides, POST PICTURES!!!!!
Great bunch of folks on here. so rat back atcha dude.
Ratcrazy

Hi Devin---- small world, eh? :D
I been missing the drive-in, for sure (that's Raleigh Road Outdoor Theater, in Henderson NC, for the rest of you guys---- come see us on a Saturday night! http://raleighroaddrivein.com/ ).

Just been too busy to get there.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Yep I've decided to let the Caddy go. I "MUST HAVE" a Rat, you know how that goes. Oh and we've also decided we're not Schizophrenic.:D

Welcome to RRR, Fins. You've done the intro, now you must post pics of those rides.

Welcome.......

Welcome to the site, Fins.
Lots of good info and friends here. Enjoy... '22

Latest posts

Back