Tank

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Working late!!

Attachments

• 1210192212_HDR.jpg
    1210192212_HDR.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 40
Three-quarters of the way done with the bag installation! We will get the passenger side front bag put on tomorrow and finish running the lines from the front to the back along with the power source for the compressors. Still waiting on our drive line to get retube since it was bent. Looks to me like somebody tried to pick the car up with a forklift because the rear shocks have dents in them and the Driveline had a Bend in the middle of it:mad:

Attachments

• 1212192332.jpg
    1212192332.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 1212192332_HDR.jpg
    1212192332_HDR.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 1212192332a_HDR.jpg
    1212192332a_HDR.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 1212191636.jpg
    1212191636.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 16
Just laying around

Attachments

• 1213191617.jpg
    1213191617.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 24
  • 1213191620_HDR.jpg
    1213191620_HDR.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 19
Just like the TV car guys, easier to take out the springs in bits. That's one of my pet peeves with the Pick n Pull boneyard, picking up cars with the forklift, they bugger the driveshafts every time...

way cool shot with the spring scraps laying around :cool:

Yeah that's how my buddy thought I lowered it LOL. I sent him the picture and he responded I thought you were going to airbag that? I then explained to him it's way easier to cut them out then it is fight with a sprinkle after

Just like the TV car guys, easier to take out the springs in bits. That's one of my pet peeves with the Pick n Pull boneyard, picking up cars with the forklift, they bugger the driveshafts every time...

I agree oh, I don't mind fixing the little things that are wrong with the car because it's been sitting. Like the water pump or the power steering box leaking. But fixing someone else's laziness and stupidity that is now costing me more money he's not what I want to do

attachment.php

Have you used copper tubing for air lines like that before? The way it didn't bend that well and flattened a bit will definitely affect its burst strength, I'm just wondering if you've had positive success with this stuff before?

Those big Caddies always look good laying on the ground.

attachment.php

Have you used copper tubing for air lines like that before? The way it didn't bend that well and flattened a bit will definitely affect its burst strength, I'm just wondering if you've had positive success with this stuff before?

Those big Caddies always look good laying on the ground.

Ive never used the copper before. It has working pressure of 800 psi. I have 200 in the tank. Not sure if it will work or not. Kind of a trial and error thing.

I agree they do look good

As long as the copper is securely mounted you shouldn't have any problems. Semi's used copper for years out of the compressor for a short run to let the air cool, it would melt rubber lines. Now they use braided steel for that purpose. Copper will work harden and crack or break if it's not supported well.

As long as the copper is securely mounted you shouldn't have any problems. Semi's used copper for years out of the compressor for a short run to let the air cool, it would melt rubber lines. Now they use braided steel for that purpose. Copper will work harden and crack or break if it's not supported well.

Yeah, sedan I built with the ford 538 in it had all copper line, but they didnt have bends in them. I soldered 90s on them. I had absolutely no problems with them. None of that stuff Wiggles are moves. They're only about 12 in maybe a little bit more

It was the flattened bends I noticed, which will have an impact on strength. How much is anyone's guess. It will likely be fine, but nobody can predict for certain.

Latest posts

Back