AC Compressors - What To Do With Them

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maverickmk

Rebel Rodder
So I have been doing some clearing out of the stuff I have accumulated over the years and have found 5 new & used AC compressors [S
I know one of them was a bad unit from a 1999 Tahoe, but the rest I have no clue. What should I do with these? I hate to throw them away if they can be rebuilt. Any idea if an auto parts store will take them?

I doubt a parts store wants them, but you don't know until you ask. [S

Just thinking out loud... my best friend owned a radiator shop years ago. He dealt with a major supplier of AC parts, both new and reman. (Sorry, the company's name escapes me.) Anyhow, that company would take compressor cores and knowing my friend, they probably paid for them as well... just saying, somebody in the radiator/AC business may have your solution...

I doubt a parts store wants them, but you don't know until you ask. [S

Just thinking out loud... my best friend owned a radiator shop years ago. He dealt with a major supplier of AC parts, both new and reman. (Sorry, the company's name escapes me.) Anyhow, that company would take compressor cores and knowing my friend, they probably paid for them as well... just saying, somebody in the radiator/AC business may have your solution...

That's a good idea. I really don't want to throw them away, and if I get a few bucks, all the better.

Unless they are the old style York or the Chrysler V twin type, they’re not worth anything as cores anymore. The Sanyo type is so cheap they don’t even rebuild them anymore. An A6 Harrison, the long ones on old GM cars, might bring a dollar or two from a restorer. Last Sanyo and last GM radial short compressor I bought they wouldn’t even take a core trade in. It’s a throw away world anymore....

Latest posts

Back