chassis--kinda interesting one

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eventually do that

l named the chassis "THAT" because everone who sees it goes, "WHAT THE HE!! lS THAT"[S

l know, l got a lot of projects, BUT, l like to bounce from one to the other, helps keep me busy and with the cold & snow the car hauler is on hold till it warms up/clears up since the car hauler is really long and tall it won't fit in my garage....and S0 on that note: 0N T0 THAT[P

PLAN:[;)

l raised up the rear-end to about 8 inches, found 5 192O to 1925 cowls and ton of rusted T parts like doors, rear tub parts, quarter panels and bunch of odds & ends. some off touring cars, some l have no idea about.

since it has that rounded middle l devised an idea to fix that by welding enough cowls together and make a cage in the front to mount them to making it about 5 feet wide across the cowl area. gives plenty of leg room front to rear and side to side.

l figure making it will take three cowls made into one 5 feet wide so when we put the sides on it will be straight down or just slightly curved when we put the sides on. doors will open and the rear tubs are going to be trimmed to fit snug around the rear-end out croppings the suspension is bolted to with a set of 4-link bars to help keep the rear-end in place and if need be a set of shocks.

we are going to have to trim the rear frame between the frame rails to get the driveshaft to work, it will be removed for clearance and reinforced to be safe.

a 1972 caddy drive shaft with a little mod will work great with the 8.8 ford rear-end.

there is going to be a roll-bar attached to the rear frame top side to side and the radiator will be mounted in the rear behind the passengers. it will have the fan shrouded and help to be cooled with a electric fan.

let me know what ya think and when l started a build thread will be happening so every one can laugh a along with me:D

Later :cool:

Attachments

• chassis fuel tank 001.jpg
    chassis fuel tank 001.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 22
  • chassis fuel tank 005.jpg
    chassis fuel tank 005.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 21
  • intersting chassis 001.jpg
    intersting chassis 001.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 22
  • intersting chassis 004.jpg
    intersting chassis 004.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 20
  • intersting chassis 005.jpg
    intersting chassis 005.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 21
  • intersting chassis 007.jpg
    intersting chassis 007.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 20
  • intersting chassis 006.jpg
    intersting chassis 006.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 20
I didn't think THAT would ever become a build! Gonna be interesting for sure.

See if Tripper can move this thread to the builds section?

l know, l got a lot of projects, BUT, l like to bounce from one to the other, helps keep me busy and with the cold & snow the car hauler is on hold till it warms up/clears up since the car hauler is really long and tall it won't fit in my garage....and S0 on that note: 0N T0 THAT[P

Yep... I have ADD too!!! That's why I have more projects than I can complete in this lifetime for sure!
[ddd[ddd[ddd

BoB

I knew 'THAT' looked familiar! I saved this photo years ago 'cause I thought it was 'quirky' looking and luved the big Hoosier's. I have no idea what website THAT was on but it just caught my fancy for some reason. Keep us posted on the build!

q6ODs40l.jpg

Latest posts

Back