New to site

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smooth

Hello all. I am new to this site. I live in Tunkhannock, a small town in Northeast Pennsylvania. I recently purchased a 1949 Dodge B1D from a great guy in New Mexico. He did a fantastic job of building this truck and I could not be prouder to own it (unless I built it myself). I am having a lot of fun adding my personal touches to this truck and will post more pictures as I do things to it. I am also working on a 1947 Harley Knucklehead.

Attachments

• 1949 dodge.jpg
    1949 dodge.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 28
Welcome from Northern Michigan.
We know that truck well. [cl :D :cool:
Also the great guy you bought it from.
Post up some pics of the bike build as well.
Torchie

Welcome to the Triple R
You could not have bought a better ride and from a nicer person.
Enjoy and post pics of the things you do to personalize it [P :cool:

Glad to see you joined the RRR group. I told you when I delivered your new to you ride, there is a great group of guys (and a couple of gals) on the forum. Not to mention a wealth of information.

Don't be shy about posting. It's all good here.

When you get the pic thing figured out, post them up and show us what you do with the truck.

Have fun with it. And get your bud to join us.

You can click on the 48 DODGE Pilot House Rat link below to get to the build of the truck.

Welcome from SoCal.
Let's see the knuckle, i learned to ride on a 38, suicide clutch and jockey shift, i thought all bikes were that way. [S

hello

I'm going to call it new to site, registered almost a year ago to the date but haven't done much or even sure if i ever introduced myself.
about a year ago went to a friends wedding whom she married a fella whom is into old fords. when I pulled into the driveway at his house for the reception found he had a yard full of old fords and tractors.
seen an old 47 pickup in the back went to take a look, got to talking to him found out he was in the process of selling it all. so long story short ended up going back and hauling home a 47 ford truck and a 46 ford business coupe home. thinking i'm going to get started rat rodding the truck, be my first one always wanted to try to build one. still undecided what i'll do with the business coupe.
little long winded on the intro, sorry
Glad to meet you all!!
Sap

as already stated, we know the old owner and respect his opinion on much. I am glad to see you here and look forward to the bike build pics [did anyone mention PICS yet[dr] . Show us all you are doing to make that dodge your own. Personalize it to suit you and drive it like you stole it. Most of all ........HAVE FUN [cl.

couple additional touches

I thought that I would share the couple additional things that I have done to the truck.
I added an old semi-truck wing that I had laying around. I added an old Casco visor that I modified to fit the width of the truck and I changed the tail lights to old Mercury Comet tail lights. Let me know what you guys think.
Smooth

Attachments

• Dodge.jpg
    Dodge.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 13
  • tail light.jpg
    tail light.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 10
I thought that I would share the couple additional things that I have done to the truck.
I added an old semi-truck wing that I had laying around. I added an old Casco visor that I modified to fit the width of the truck and I changed the tail lights to old Mercury Comet tail lights. Let me know what you guys think.
Smooth

The visor and the tail lights look great! The wing? I don't know about that.
JMHO It's your truck, do you like it? That's all that matters.

SAP, Hello and welcome.
I was hoping one of the more computer savvy fellas on here would explain how to get you, your own thread so more of us would respond to you. Anyhow, I'll give it a try, SAP.
click on Please Introduce Yourself.
Go up into the upper left hand corner across from the page numbers and
click on New Thread.
A blank rectangle should pop up
Write your intro in there.
Good luck.

Latest posts

Back