Hello all!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badgerstate

Hello all. New member here and I thought Id introduce myself.
Im 36 years old, currently live in Columbus, OH but am originally from Madison, WI.
Lately, Ive been going to a lot of car meets and have really gotten bit by the hot rod/rat rod bug.
So, I decided to start going on forums like this to get an idea of what I might be getting myself into.
In a perfect world, Id love to find a '30s Ford coupe or 5-window somewhere but Id be open to a '40s or '50s sedan or truck. Mostly, I just want something with big, fat fenders on it and a narrow hood so that I can take the front fenders off of it and get the rat rod look that everyone loves.
Ive been working on cars, power equipment, snowmobiles, ATVs; you name it most of my life and I currently build cars for a living, so I have no doubts in my mechanical ability. Its just going to be a matter of finding a suitable car for a build and putting in the wrench time.
So, yeah, thats me. I hope to learn as much as I can before I start my build and I look forward to learning from those of you have been there and done that before and know more about this than I do.

welcome

howdy,---

if ya was closer l got a couple of projects that would be perfect to rat.

welcome to the best site on the web--0H, we like lots of pics, we is a visual bunch 'round these parts.

Later :cool:

Hi and welcome to RRR from northern Alberta. What a coincidence, I also like any coupe from the thirties, some stuff from the forties, and lot's from the fifties. -----Oh, ya, and I was thirty six, -----once.

Welcome to RRR! Yeah wouldn't we all like to find a 30's Ford coupe?

If you plan to go fenderless, pretty much any cars after mid 30's just don't work out too easy. Truck cabs from the late 40's onward are harder to make look right too.

Welcome from Southeast MI...

Just a stone's throw across Lake Michigan and most of the rest of the state......lol...Nice to have ya here... :D

Welcome to RRR! Yeah wouldn't we all like to find a 30's Ford coupe?

If you plan to go fenderless, pretty much any cars after mid 30's just don't work out too easy. Truck cabs from the late 40's onward are harder to make look right too.
Finding a '30s Ford isnt hard, the problems is that most of them are done already and the seller wants $20K or more for it. :cool:
I have an understanding wife who for the most part doesnt nag me for spending money. She and I have an agreement that once she gets a house, I can build a rat rod. However, she isnt so understanding that I could go out and drop $20K on a hobby car.

Funny how woman are...LOL..

My wife doesn't say a word if she see's a hundred bucks on the credit card from summit or jegs or even ebay....or when the boxes come in...but 20k...might set her off a bit...LOL..

Latest posts

Back