Dropped in to say Hi.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joetx

Time flies when you're having fun. It was brought to my attention that I haven't posted in a long time. Since 2012 to be exact. My interests have changed somewhat and I've been concentrating on my '56 Crown Vic, a short bus I'm trying to convert to a camper for me and the old lady, and a '57 chevy 4 dr. I'm going to convert to a 2 dr. 150. I've also been messing around with an old Allis Chalmers D, small motor grader that I'm restoring and some Cub cadet tractors. I'm still working on some of my old projects that have been put on the back burner. So.... I've been spending a lot of time on other sites and have gotten away from here. Anyway, glad I'm back. Thanks, Joe.

Welcome back...

Lord knows I've disappeared a few times...but never for 4 years....lol...like a bad penny I keep turning up.... :D

We get older and sometimes do silly things... I had a chevy roadster back in high school and sold it when I went into the Army in '67. Alway wanted my car back so I found something like it and have been working on it.

Sold this for $250 back in '67

Bought this nightmare.

$6500 later I'm here.

Had a '56 red and white crown vic when I was in the Army and sold it for $125 when I left int '70. Well I wanted my Vic back and $15,000 I got one.

Getting ready to tear into this one. Has original 292 and runs ok. Have another '56 frame ready with new suspension and when I drop my 302 with AOD trans into it, I'm going to put this body on it. Guess I like to make things difficult....Joe.

Here's the '56 ford frame I'll be using.

Sold my '57 chevy 150 about 10 yrs. ago and have regretted since.

So I bought one off ebay and the seller wasn't completely honest. Turns out that the car was more rusted than I wanted to work with. I couldn't even use the doors without major, major work.

Picked up this 4 dr that was pretty clean and I'm going to use my 2 dr parts to convert this to a 2 dr.

glad to have you back joe, cool projects. i know about the back burner as most of my stuff is like that.

wow....

I'd be broke if I tried to buy back all the cars I had as a kid...Especially since most of them are now 35 to 90k cars....Oh well..have to settle for the ones I got.....but...I dig that 56....always like the looks...even if it is a Ford....lol. :D

Latest posts

Back