2000 Dodge Dakota Electrical Donor

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

w scott

I have just purchased a 2000 Dodge Dakota R/T 5.9L that I am going to be putting under my 1952 Dodge pick-up, the question that I have is what electrical ECU's etc. do I need to keep to make this engine run. I'm not worried about the cruse control / dash / I would like to try and keep the ABS working if there is an easy way of managing this.

Is there a wiring harness that I can buy or is the one in the truck ok to take out and overlay into the 1952

I have just purchased a 2000 Dodge Dakota R/T 5.9L that I am going to be putting under my 1952 Dodge pick-up, the question that I have is what electrical ECU's etc. do I need to keep to make this engine run. I'm not worried about the cruse control / dash / I would like to try and keep the ABS working if there is an easy way of managing this.

Is there a wiring harness that I can buy or is the one in the truck ok to take out and overlay into the 1952

After looking at what was entailed to get every thing to run happily with a 5.9 drivetrain out of a '99 dodge, which is the same as 2000, I decided it wasn't worth the headaches. I changed the engine injection system to a carburetor and air gap intake. Really pleased with the results.

Good luck with your project!

Latest posts

Back