Dodge Hi-Fire

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DozerII

Can anyone tell me what this engine is, and weather it is desirable. It is not siezed and has a 3 speed standard behind it.

Attachments

• 20160821_103635_resized.jpg
    20160821_103635_resized.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 45
I have a poly motor sitting in my shop as we speak. Paid $350 for a running one & matching auto tranny! They're not real powerful & there's not a lot of hop up parts but they are unusual! Precursor to the baby Hemi!

BoB

Thanks for the info, I will probably leave it where it is.

There's nothing wrong with those motors and definitely different! I would only buy a running one, wouldn't want to dump money in for a rebuild IMO! They usually get peoples attention because you hardly ever see one in a rod. Probably have as much HP as a flattie. And they can be converted into a baby hemi 'if' you can find the heads (see link below). Also, the cars they came out of were positive ground.

http://victorylibrary.com/mopar/dodge-c4.htm

Beercan

Had to dust off some books but
here`s a page from "Chrysler poly performance" by Jeffrey Diamond...

That's a first for me, but I'm never one to not learn. I have not owned a Dodge or Chrysler Poly personally, but I am 100% on the non-compatability of the Plymouth Poly engines. Owned TOO many of those... :p

That's a first for me, but I'm never one to not learn. I have not owned a Dodge or Chrysler Poly personally, but I am 100% on the non-compatability of the Plymouth Poly engines. Owned TOO many of those... :p

well I currently own my first Chr. 331 poly, and I don`t have plan to convert it so I probably will never find out :D

They all look way cool to me :cool:

...glad that somebody cleared that up......

The Hy-Fire name was typically used on the Plymouth 260 (some say 259).
Essentially the same as the 241 and the 270 but all have different bores and usually too far apart to safely bore without a sonic check.

The head design is virtually the same as the A series poly which is enjoying a lot of popularity right now. And yes, we have forged pistons available these 'little' guys.
In stock trim, the Poly and the Hemi (of the same displacement) are very close in overall performance/power.
And yes, parts are available, similar to the Hemi.

Latest posts

Back