saying hi from maine

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys! Well to start off I joined this forum a coupple days ago. Way more user friendly then killbillet.com. I tried 5 times to join there forum but every time i logged in it said i was unable to post,read or do anything. I waited a week thinking i was not activated by the forum minastrators. Like most forums do. But after a week i was like wtf. this blows. So i searched for a new forum and stumbled on rrr. read some post. Found it more active with more builds being updated on a more frquent basis. so i joined aboard.\
Was activated in 2 minutes and made my first post in 5 minutes lol. Well anyways i have my eyes on a four door early 30's studebaker. My first post was to help identify my find. Very fast and quick responses on the post. thanks for the help in identifying it for me. i am fairly tall so i am going to do a 4" chop 4" channel. custom z'ed frame solid front end. so far thats my plan. with a late 70's 400 chevy sbc and munzy 4 speed. and will be done by spring. no paint no chrome and keeping the dent and bullet holes.
I am 26 and this will be my first rr. I had a 2000 ford mustang gt with lots of goodies. and before that i build race wheelers and sleds. so i have all machincal skills. very tight budget and hope to have it done with less then $3,000
lol well there is my boook of a intro.... hope to have my ?s answered with good knowledge. A quick pic of what i hope to own by the end of the week.:D

thanks Jason

Attachments

• just 007reduced.jpg
    just 007reduced.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 12
  • just 004reduced.jpg
    just 004reduced.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 6
  • just 001reduced.jpg
    just 001reduced.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 7
Welcome from Michigan

Hello,

I had the same experiance from Kill Billet. I tried to register three times. I kept getting an email saying my registration was denied, but no explaination as to why, so I just gave up and shrugged it off.

But at anyrate. Welcome here, I found a better home here anyway.. [cl

cool

greetings and howdy? from texas
im 26 also, working on my 3rd build now lol
if someone asked me whats one piece of advice
you could give to an aspiring rod-builder
it would be
"join ratrodsrule.com"
that would be it... anything you need help on
etc can be answered here.

if you ever get to Indiana look us up! the air is clean and you can buy an old car for 100 bucks!

hey I have inlaws in Byron! I am in southern NH. Welcome to the RRR

Thats awesome. I have aunt and uncle that live at coos canyon. They own the spot on the river oppisite side of the campground where the public swimming hole is and the big cliffs. go there daily in the summer for a dip. send me a pm maybe i can come check your build out some time. not to far from me.
Going to look at some other possible rat rod builds in the woods this sunday. going to snap some pics. will post this weekend.
also the person from indiana that gets cars for $100 send me a pm and i have a few ?s for you.

funny, My sister in laws parents own the campground at coos canyon! Small world. [cl

Latest posts

Back