How You All Are

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ApacheIron

Thinking of building a Rat Rod Truck after the 58 chevy apache project. Was glad to find a Rat Rod forum that looks like a good group to pick up some tips. I am working on a 1958 chevy apache that I am mountig the body on a 1973 4x4 3/4 ton chasis that I took out 7" of the rails behind the drivetrain to get the correct wheelbase. The 4 bolt main block was bored .060 over, increased the stroke to 3.75 to make it 388 c.i.'s. Put on dart sportsmans heads , 2.02 intakes, hooker headers and a 770 holley carb. Can't wait to get started on a Rat Rod Truck, mid 30's

Attachments

• rolling chasis.jpg
    rolling chasis.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 58 apache.JPG
    58 apache.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 24
  • bed installd.JPG
    bed installd.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 22
Welcome to the triple R, a cool place to hang out. Dig the truck! [cl

Toad

Last edited:
Welcome to RRR! Apache's are one of my all time favorites. That is gonna look killer riding high like that.

hey and welcome to the forum. my plan was to build an apache 4x4. put on 3/4 ton frame as you did. but i wanted to put a 6" lift and have it on 38" swampers...........but i cannot find any in my area so if anyone has one to part with let me know[cl

Latest posts

Back