New Member from Jenkins, KY

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gpennell

Howdy fellers! New member here, from smack-dab in the middle of the Appalachian Mountains of eastern Kentucky. I'm a retired US Army First Sergeant, and got hooked on the idea of building a rat rod from some videos I stumbled into on YouTube.

Sooo, I bought a set of plans for a bobber frame off eBay, and I happen to have an extra LS motor down in the shop, and now the search begins for a suitably old pickup cab/parts to start on my journey.

Glad I found you, sure looks like there's a ton of experience and information here!

Greg Pennell
Jenkins, KY

Welcome to RRR! If you're a big guy, pay attention to if you'll fit comfortably in whatever you get as a cab. Those Model A era cabs are tight and the rest can get tiny real quick when you start chopping, channeling, and making transmission tunnels.

Good luck!
Start a build thread.
...and we like pics!

Welcome from the GWN, what Sam says about space inside disappears real quick. My Essex is an auto and there is no room for an extra one.

Welcome from Flawda! The folks around here can help with any problem that comes along. Lots of talent in the group on builds of all kinds. Cruising the existing builds threads on this forum will enlighten you on all kinds of ways to do anything. If ya get stumped, just ask!

Thanks for the Warm Welcome...

I've been looking around the site, and it sure seems like you guys have a lot of fun here! I'm still in the parts-gathering phase...so it'll be a little while before I get started...but that's OK, I can learn a lot in the meantime.

I hear what you fellers are saying regarding interior space, or lack of. I'm not a little guy by any measure, around 6' and 230-ish. I'm sure I can find something that'll work for me.

Just got home from a local cruise-in, and had a chance to sit in a good buddy's '40 Chevy pickup. Not much room for creature comforts, but something along those lines I think would work, as long as I don't go crazy with the top-chop. I guess we'll see what comes along!

Greg

Welcome from Tejas!!! :D

I hear what you fellers are saying regarding interior space, or lack of. I'm not a little guy by any measure, around 6' and 230-ish. I'm sure I can find something that'll work for me.

Greg

I'm about the same size. I got seats that were thin & close to the floor for my pickumup & that helped alot (bombers actually)!

BoB

Welcome to RRR from northern Alberta.
This is the best darn group of guys to be part of; you'll see.

We stress that you sit in your new truck cab during quite a few mock-ups, making V-8 noises. These moments will show you the size of room you will need for your head or your legs.
Good luck.

Welcome to RRR from northern Alberta.
This is the best darn group of guys to be part of; you'll see.

We stress that you sit in your new truck cab during quite a few mock-ups, making V-8 noises. These moments will show you the size of room you will need for your head or your legs.
Good luck.

^^^^^X's 2 ^^^^^
Welcome from Northern Michigan.
Torchie

Latest posts

Back