Wannabe from frogs country

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 21938

Salut! Bonjour! I'm from South-East of Montréal and I'm 55. I haven't had an antique car since 9 years ago. A few days ago, as I was recalling those cars, I noticed they were all mopar and 4 doors. And true to myself, the one I want to buy is a 1952 Fargo panel that was used as schoolbus. The only small problem: it's way up north from where I live. It's probably why the owner hasn't sold it yet. That's an almost 10 hours drive from where I live. That place is guarded by moskitoes big enough to pick you up and carry you away!

Having lost my job when I moved from Québec city to Saint-Hyacinthe, I am presently self-employed doing small jobs while my wife teaches elementary school. I'm the proud father of 6 boys, 3 of them are in their early 30s, one is 21 and my "babies" are 13 and 10. So, being 4 people at home, I need something bigger than a pickup so a panel truck should be perfect to mod to my needs.

My other passion besides old cars/trucks is WWII small arms. Mainly submachineguns (SMGs). I've been collecting since I was 18. 2 divorces later, my collection shrunk a lot but it still is mine.

I found this here site through homemadetools.net they have links in the lower part of their messages with "see more chevy builds" and one was linked to HERE. I liked what I read so I decided to join. For a while, I'll read and learn before I take the plunge and buy/modify my own set of wheels.

J Savoie

Welcome from Central Tejas! One good thing about rattys is if you watch your P's & Q's you can build one for not much dough... that's what I'm talkin' about!!! Once that rust gets in your blood... there's no cure!

BoB

Latest posts

Back