Hmmm...What Do You Guys Think?...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I, er, nope.:rolleyes: Some people need their thumbs cut off so they can't handle tools anymore. Epic failure right there, almost as bad as the GrandAm/IH truck abortion.:eek:

I, er, nope.:rolleyes: Some people need their thumbs cut off so they can't handle tools anymore. Epic failure right there, almost as bad as the GrandAm/IH truck abortion.:eek:

Uh...no, it's not. That thing was on a whole 'nother level! At least this thing has parts that could be salvaged. (Why did you have to bring that back up?!)

It sucks for sure. Funny thing is it doesn't look any more awkward and wrong than a cobbled up AD Chevy cab or 50's International truck with no fenders, but some folks seem to think that looks great for some reason. There is certainly no accounting for taste, but it's just odd how the same amount of ugly can be judged differently by some people. Different strokes and blah blah blah, but I still don't get it... [S

Back in the "Dare to be different" days, Hotrod did a series on late-model-based open-wheeled roadsters, and the like. Some of them looked pretty good for what they were. I think it was mostly artists concepts, but I don't really remember fur sure. That is what first popped into my little pea brain when I saw the car we are blasting here.

:D

It ain't, but it could have been done right.

Back in the "Dare to be different" days, Hotrod did a series on late-model-based open-wheeled roadsters, and the like.

Thom Taylor renderings... not? One sticks in my mind and Tripper's if I recall...

attachment.php

... somebody built a likeness...

attachment.php

... and following the vein, I saved these images some time ago... l like it... 'til you run 'round front...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 63 imp1.jpg
    63 imp1.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 63 imp2.jpg
    63 imp2.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 63 imp3.jpg
    63 imp3.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 63 imp4.jpg
    63 imp4.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 60
THe Camaro pic still hides the grille - if there is one. The Bel is OK until you get to the bulldog front end. I like how they did the grille, but the front wheels need to be move forward.

Putting things in perspective here by using that tried and true and sometimes overused saying " thinking out of the box ". When RATS first came on the scene there was a whole lot of thinking out of the box going on . The stuff guys were building turned some off and some on . So a lot of "thinking out of the box " became the norm . Time passes and some "new" out of the box thinking starts emerging . Again , some like it and some don't - change is hard for most people . First rat rod builders for the most part were experienced builders with a pile of parts laying around , new generation of rat builders - with out that pile of parts laying around are taking rats to a different level . I'm liking where it seems to be going . To me this Camaro represents the start of the next wave of out of the box thinking . I would park next to this guy any day and pick his brain .

You have a good point....

Putting things in perspective here by using that tried and true and sometimes overused saying " thinking out of the box ". When RATS first came on the scene there was a whole lot of thinking out of the box going on . The stuff guys were building turned some off and some on . So a lot of "thinking out of the box " became the norm . Time passes and some "new" out of the box thinking starts emerging . Again , some like it and some don't - change is hard for most people . First rat rod builders for the most part were experienced builders with a pile of parts laying around , new generation of rat builders - with out that pile of parts laying around are taking rats to a different level . I'm liking where it seems to be going . To me this Camaro represents the start of the next wave of out of the box thinking . I would park next to this guy any day and pick his brain .

Can't disagree....one mans trash is another man's treasure....not to my liking but certainly is different...or....out of the box thinking...

Well, we certainly see plenty of ill thought out projects because the main precept was "I already have this bunch of mismatched junk or I don't want to spend any money". Many (most?) of them never see completion but once in a while one emerges.

Latest posts

Back