am i crazy?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotrod preacher

"Official RRR Chaplain"
Wait! dont answer that! :rolleyes:

well, maybe i need to know! [S

i helped a guy haul this car to his place a yr or 2 ago...since then he went thru tha' big "D" and has sold his place, and is now selling off some of his projects, due to a lack of interest

he called me a few days ago wondering if i wanted a chance at the car so i went and looked this morning, made the deal this afternoon, and will go pay for it n pick it up friday...

all is supposed to be there to make a solid little car...

already been m-2'd on front end, unknown rear
sbc and auto to go in it, late model column,
lots of assembly required...

now for the question... why did i need another project??? am i crazy??? lol

seriously i hope to turn this one for a little profit after putting some pieces together
more pics after i get it home!

Attachments

• 37 chevy 001.jpg
    37 chevy 001.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 187
  • 37 chevy 002.jpg
    37 chevy 002.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 171
  • 37 chevy 003.jpg
    37 chevy 003.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 163
  • 37 chevy 004.jpg
    37 chevy 004.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 152
My wife told me flat out...

she doesn't want me buying any other projects until I finish the truck...:( probably the smart thing but certainly not the response I was looking for....so, need to get busy on the pkup....[;) but you got a nice score there....looks like all the parts are neatly wrapped up inside..:D

Wait! dont answer that! :rolleyes:

well, maybe i need to know! [S

i helped a guy haul this car to his place a yr or 2 ago...since then he went thru tha' big "D" and has sold his place, and is now selling off some of his projects, due to a lack of interest

he called me a few days ago wondering if i wanted a chance at the car so i went and looked this morning, made the deal this afternoon, and will go pay for it n pick it up friday...

all is supposed to be there to make a solid little car...

already been m-2'd on front end, unknown rear
sbc and auto to go in it, late model column,
lots of assembly required...

now for the question... why did i need another project??? am i crazy??? lol

seriously i hope to turn this one for a little profit after putting some pieces together
more pics after i get it home!

insanity of course is all a matter of perspective....for example if a "sane person" was in a room full of "insane people", who now is the "odd man out"? So...in answer to your question,no not in our world. That the professional option of "Dr. Phil"

I can't make an informed decision as to your current mental state, but the decision to save that Chevy from the abyss of disinterest seems like it involved the thought process of a person who is firmly in complete control of their faculties. Nice score HRP.

doctor.jpg

"Sane" and "insane" are nothing but legal terms on a piece of paper. I'd be happy to draw up a document that clearly states you are "of sound mind". Just leave your "mark" on the bottom of the page. An "X", a paw-print, or bowtie scrawled in crayon will do.

You are certifiably insane if you don't bring that coupe home.

You owe me 5 cents. :D

Haha, you are asking THIS bunch of car buying/hording guys if you are crazy???? Everyone on this forum is crazy, including me !!:p:D

You would be crazy to pass up that car. I see one of two things............gasser, or tail dragging custom. That thing is NICE !! :)

Don

thanks guys for all the "help" [S:D

i would love to build "gasser style" but with the M-2 front already in it, ill probably just keep its low altitude "streetrod stance"

B.E.D. i was scared to see what you were gonna say, :eek: but that is a very beautiful car in the pic you posted... [dr

thanks again for all the "reassurance" hopefully i'll get it to the shop and feel better, kinda anxious right now

there was a '37 as a cover car on a streetrodder a yr or 2 ago, kinda ratty, dark colored low gloss paint (or original) steel wheels, wide whites, etc. but i cant find my copy:(... maybe one of you internet guru's can find it and post some "inspiration" here for us...

That is an insane score, good for you. Here's a trunk and a dash pic for you, I have more of this car at the house, I will try to get them up if I remember.

Attachments

• DSC04509.JPG
    DSC04509.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC04507.JPG
    DSC04507.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 29
I think everybody on this board could be called crazy for one thing or the other.

The car looks like a worthwhile project. Good luck with the build.

well we went and snagged the 37 yesterday morning...

got it to my shop, unloaded it, and went thru it sorting out all the parts and pieces... the old car is as solid as i remembered, no need for floor pans or even patches there, best i can tell....only thing is a rocker that has some rusty-ness to it, but the rest of car is very solid[cl

while going thru parts oldskool let out a yell, we had confirmation that this was definitely a "rat" rod as there was a family of rats living in a heater box (see pics:D)

all in all a good project to work on, just wish it was mine to keep:(

Attachments

• 37 chevy ratrod 001.jpg
    37 chevy ratrod 001.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 37 chevy ratrod 003.jpg
    37 chevy ratrod 003.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 34
  • 37 chevy ratrod 004.jpg
    37 chevy ratrod 004.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 37 chevy ratrod 005.jpg