selling my hotrod

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with Old Iron on this; that's a fairly low price for your machine. I'll bet there's a thousand hours of work building that truck that you're not adding in. Somebody's going to get a really good deal.

As my dear old grand daddy used to say. "You can always come down in price. But it's hard to go up"
I don't know how well things are selling in your area. Kind of slow where I live.
Good Luck to you Billy.:)
Torchie

Sold my 70 shovelhead because I needed the money. In a couple months the bike and the money were gone and life didn't change except I no longer had a bike. Now I never sell anything I value because I need money, those things always work themselves out.

I had a 71 firebird for 20 years
had an unknowable amount of money in it
sold it with a truck full of parts for $3500
And sold off 3-4 more truckloads of firebird parts after the fact
it was hard to let her go but I love my little house more
There will be other's...It's just an inspiration to move on and never go back
3-4 years later and I'm finally finishing some stuff I couldn't get rid of and having alot of fun
It's nice to have a cache of goodies left over to pick from
Pick out your best gems and don’t' give them away
letting go of everything firebird telling myself there will never be another letting it all go and moving on really liberated me to progress with other things
Whatever you have left you were meant to work with when the time is right

Those old military trucks are cool but how usefull?
I have a razor for practical planning
everything I build or own has to be useful as a daily driver in a pinch, be something I can keep gas in, AND cruise the interstate at 70 mph comfortably for long distance
that's the cut.
Also I quit building weird stuff no normal wrench head would want to buy.
caveat- sometimes you have to slap together what you have on hand.
I once ran into a guy who restored corvettes
I asked him if he kept a favorite
he said "if I fell in love with every one of them I'd have never made a dime and I wouldn't have been able to restore most of them"
My best advice to consider even when I’m not selling something- If a person is standing there with the right amount of cash burning a hole in his pocket I tell myself "you will never find that opportunity again if you go looking for it" SOLD!
lol

Sold my 70 shovelhead because I needed the money. In a couple months the bike and the money were gone and life didn't change except I no longer had a bike. Now I never sell anything I value because I need money, those things always work themselves out.

Been there, done that myself. Sold some things because I thought I had to have the money, was always sick afterwards. Instead, I look for other ways of cutting back, maybe take a short term loan until things improve, concentrate on necessities instead of wants and desires. That's one of the biggest reasons it takes me so long to do anything, I refuse to take money from the necessities to put into the wants and desires. I will scrimp and save and do without some things to get what I need sometimes. You just have to set your priorities, then stick to them. It's hard to do sometimes, but rewarding when all is said and done. Good luck however you go....

Billy, you have no idea how many half finished cars I had to sell over the years when money got tight. It just happens sometimes.

You will get through this and find something you like even more. :)

Don

I hope it all works out too bro. Then you can start looking forward to a new project!!
Here's an idea, sell the car you owe money on, take the equity and buy something older and paid for. I'm pretty sure car financing was something the devil himself conjured up. I lived under the dark cloud of the payment book for 30 some years and I've been clean for 10, never ever go back. It's amazing how it freed up my lifestyle.

after more thought and talking with my wife
i wont go down in price
if it sells
thats fine. i will start a different neato car /truck project and pay the bulk off my wifes car so she can refinance and get 3 % interest
if it dont sell
i have a hotrod
either is ok with me;)

i have always had a serious love for those flatfender dodges
in a perfect world it would have a cummins under the hood and high end disc brakes

Toys don't have to be practical. :D They are toys.

I won't list the cars I have sold in a pinch. Or worse, the ones I sold when I thought I was over this hot rod thing. I'll start crying again... :(

:D Life goes on.

you aint by your self billy I love them ol' flat fender doges myself .. that year preferably Id love to have a new-er running gear. though too

Latest posts

Back