troubles

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa.... not much I can add that others haven't already said... But I am sure glad you Are still with us and were smart enough to make the right moves and seek help...

Take care of yourself!

Glad you saw the symptoms and went to the ER. Way to many people wait to see if they will feel better and have bad outcomes. Now get back out in the garage and get some work done:)

Business as usual today. Drove 75 miles out of own to get some narrow slicks for the dragster Then mowed 3/4 of an acre with my trusty LawnBoy 21" self propelled mower. Later in the afternoon I went to a friend's house in my son's roadster. By then I was pretty wiped out. BUt still talking right and only a little weakness on the left side. The wife and I went grocery shopping Friday for low salt, low fat & low sugar items. Came home wih bottled water. Such a deal

Last edited:
Glad to hear you're doing alright. Water is the only thing you could find?
A man can starve to death on that diet. A long painful death.
Good luck.

Dang it Bob! Who am I going to send free distributors too...:D

Glad to hear you're doing better...scary stuff

Sounds like the same old Bob to me, no grass grows under your feet. Glad you are doing well, keep it up, lots of water and a few less Pan Cakes at those coffee shops you guys hang around.

Great to hear you caught it early and are already improving Bob. A friend's daughter, she's in her 40's I think, had a stroke on her left side a few weeks ago. After a hospital stay, she went home for a few days, still improving, then had another stroke, this time on the right side. It affected her worse than the first one did. Not saying it could happen to you, but to just be careful and watch yourself closely.

Good on you Bob. Been there done that with my Heart. And what did I do. Bought another project. Buy the way Skip, I love the 39 ford truck grille. I have a little 39 truck.
Your truck looks great! It's a lot like my original vision for mine. Although I didn't even have one when I had the vision. When I found it, it was a 38 cab with a set of fenders. A better cab came along, and the plan changed to full fendered for obvious reasons. I now have most of the pieces for the original vision. Even a real 38 grille. :D I am thinking RPU this time.

Why Me ?

Thank you guys, I'm almost back to normal. I asked myself, "Why me"? Don't have any firm answers but through that gigantic resource, the Google, I have a pretty good idea.
About 4 weeks before the cataract surgery I had a tooth extracted. it didn't heal properly and I returned to the dentist for an antibiotic prescription. Took the pills until they ran out, just a few day before the surgery. Still, the area around the tooth extraction was quite sore. Then, I had the cataract surgery, two weeks later I had a stroke. I Googled "Stroke after cataract surgery" and found lots of studies indicating it happens a lot. Then I Googled "Stroke after dental procedures" and found even more incidences of strokes. So it looks like I caused double jeprody by having the extraction to soon before surgery and delaying the taking of an antibiotic for the infecion.

Let that be a lesson to you, kids.

I learned something this morning cause, I didn't realize a procedure like those could create conditions for a stroke.

Latest posts

Back