My 1970 Olds

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickBright

My 1970 Oldsmobile, bought the car late summer '72. My wife and I dated in this car, got us thru high school and made a lot of trips Arkansas to South Carolina while I served in the US Navy. It's in the shop across the road now, I made a trip to Texas in the Old's about a month ago so it's a driver.

I'll do a proper introduction and start a build thread on my 1948 306 Diamond T Truck on a Isuzu NPR Chassis with a 4 cylinder Isuzu Diesel engine. I also have a 1948 KB-6 International truck build, plans are to either put the KB-6 Cab on a Chevrolet Motor Home chassis, or put the motor home axles under the original KB-6 frame with a 6BT 12 Valve Cummins.

Rick

Attachments

• 046.jpg
    046.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 77
  • 048.jpg
    048.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 58
Nice Rallye or however they spelled it. One year only car IIRC.

You are right, 1970 was the only year Oldsmobile made 'em. No color choice, sebring yellow was the color you got if you ordered the Rallye. mine is a coupe they also had a post car Rallye 350.. Mine does have factory bucket seats and floor shift.

I wonder if you could have got the Rallye package in conjunction with the W31 package. That was the W30s little brother with the hopped up 350. I think those were 1970 only too, maybe a few in 1971. No power brakes were available with the W31 because it had too wild of cam to make enough vacuum for the booster, also had special heads. Pretty rare stuff even back then, rated at 325 hp IIRC.

Latest posts

Back