The Crap-Rod..

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wa-sho

yeah, so its finally here! (or there is more like it, since i have it in a garage 1hour from home:( )

brought it home last night.
i got to drive it about 1km on a dirtroad, and it was a real joyride[cl
the rear is welded, and it only brakes at the front, so it was easy to have some fun on the way in to the garage[ddd (ill make it brake on all 4 corners offcourse.)

wont be any more uppdates on this thing before, hopefully, next weekend.

not quite sure yet, where im going with this thing.. but i have some ideas.
(im a offroader, and have never buildt a rod.. gonna be fun)

im gonna
-chop it !
-bag it (i think)
-ill keep the front clip. (if i get it back where it belongs, the fenders will go over the doors. cut out the doors, and make suicide doors that passes over the fenderline? or turn the angle of the fenders, and cut at the bottom rear, in line with the bottom of the body?)
-maybe the hood got to go..? and the sidepanels? (if so ill cut the front of the hood, and weld it on to the grille- i think)
-exhaust out front (dont know thr name of that)
-ganstercap
-the roof is kind of rotten.. either ill kep it as is, or would it look weird if i cut a canvas roof on it? (dont know the name, but the opening roof you see on some sedans and such)
-i think the bed is a bit to long. so chanses are ill move the cab even further back (got to se how it matches with the front and all that). and if possible maybe shorten the bed in the back also.
-will it look akward with the front fenders on, without the runningboards and back fenders? (ill put some wide tires in the back then)

phew! that was alot of ideas:) and i have to se when i start breaking her down.

please let me know what you guys think!
and if anyone is good at photochop, feel free[P:D

the picks:

Attachments

• rod1.jpg
    rod1.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 95
Keep the fenders and the running boards. Any more that will make it different. I have always liked the body close to stock with the drivetrain updated. Some of the best lines in the old cars is the fenders.

I think the truck has potential to be really cool. I like the long nose look, it just needs some refinement.

The front wheels need to go forward and/or the body needs to go back to put the wheel in the right part of the fender opening (forward of center).

Either the grill needs to be cut down or the body raised to improve the hood lines. Hood needs to be flat or downward sloping.

I'd keep the rear fenders.

My $.02

something like this? (hood still needs to come down a bit)

Oh yeah, this is your current wheelbase with the body slid back.
crap.jpg

Last edited:
hehehe thanks guys! i knew you would understand![cl

thats spot-on, a motorhead shirt! hes my fellow-offroader-soon-too-bee-rat-rodder;)
that little girl smiling thru the window is my doughter.. se high-fived me when we arrived! they could hear us 4minutes before they could see us!

thanks flipper, it actually helped me on the way!
now when that thing is an hour away from me, all i can do is watch the pics..
i made an rough sketch of an idea i have, and would like to hear everybodys opinion.. (yea.. let me have it..)
its rough, but hopefully youll see what i meen. (and i had to shoot a picture of the sketch with my cell..)
after looking at the front shot i see that the exhaust must be headed more bakwords.. it would be overkill to have them outside of the fenders like that!

ive seen all the treads about s-10's.. and this thing is a caprice frame.. a.k.a. ifs. so i have decided to keep the fenders and grill atleast.
ill just post the picture, and youll see what i mean:)
am i far off here, or am i on to something? -can this bee cool?

Attachments

• DSC00126.jpg
    DSC00126.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 38
i like it with the front fenders on and the rear fenders off. the front wheels are going to need to be moved forward like you said along with doing something about the hood.

there is a lot of potential in that truck and i like the ideas you have so far. keep us posted on all that you do with the truck.

Latest posts

Back