Stomp Shear

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gold03

He lives in an "Altered State"!
I got a great deal this week end. I found an old 36 inch stomp shear for $250.00 ran out and dragged it home as soon as I could. Its old... casting says 1928. not sure if thats the year or the model number. Works great. cuts through 18 g like butter. Needs a little clean up and new return springs, but for the price I'm very happy. In Alberta these things demand a lot of coin because the economy is still so hot here and they are hard to find for this price.

gold03

Attachments

• IMG_0548.jpg
    IMG_0548.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 102
I am hoping to get my 49 ford home this week end and get going on bobbing it. I needed the shear to execute some of the planned changes to the body sheet metal I have in my head.

gold03

You did really well. There is a 48 incher that cuts up to 16 gauge here on Craigslist and they want $ 1200 for it. New they go for about $ 4000 or so.

Everytime I see them using one on American Chopper I want one bad.

Don

I have found it is good to have friends that have items like stomp shears, lathes, Pullmax, etc.:D

Not sure. I see the two grooves were to take some kind of rest or stop. I'm no tin guy, just hate the tin snips.

Anyone know?

gold03

What is the dent for in the middle?

so you can reach in and grab the sheet if it is a full size piece.

Not sure. I see the two grooves were to take some kind of rest or stop. I'm no tin guy, just hate the tin snips.

Anyone know?

gold03

The groves are for a front gate or stop. You would use this to either push the work into the rear gate or you can use it for a stop if you are just trimming a little of the back side. Mine has a measuring rule up one side in the front as well. There usually is a back gate or fence as well that you can set to length. Or you can set at an angle to reproduce cuts over and over.

Oh!

I was thinking that might be it , knowledge is power! Our shear is about 4 ft x 2ft I think no grove either and the huge shear table I'm gonna make a welding table out of had some kinda feeder on a track

Latest posts

Back