50 ford flathead

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Merc52

I have a 50 ford flat head I want to use a newer automatic trans. Is there anything you would suggest?

What adapters are out there?

The only thing I want to do is keep it ford. I am along way from putting engine and trans in my chassis but I want to be ready when the time comes to get the right stuff the first time.

Flat-O-Matic has been doing Flathead to automatic adapters for a long time now. There is also Bendtsen's Speed Gems and a few others. Get ready for some sticker shock... :eek:

Yeah I know. A lot of money. Not a big deal. I have access to a c4 and found a few kits for them. The trans I can trade scrap metal for so that's almost free.lol. But like I said I don't need need this stuff yet I still gotta get a front spring and hubs breaks ect and then I'll work my way back.

Thanks for the reply

Yeah I know. A lot of money. Not a big deal. I have access to a c4 and found a few kits for them. The trans I can trade scrap metal for so that's almost free.lol. But like I said I don't need need this stuff yet I still gotta get a front spring and hubs breaks ect and then I'll work my way back.

Thanks for the reply

C-4 is the way to go.... you do not state what motor you have but the C-4 combo loses the less horse power of all your available choices .

Those adapter kits are not cheap......

Oldog

Latest posts

Back