International L122 B Binder Rat Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Killer Job on the glass. Where you laid out all the cutoff pieces looks very similar to how I cut the stock windshield down on my binder. I'd say your friend will surely have plenty of work if he wants cutting those curved windshields...

Actually, I was going to ask, anyone have any idea how much a shop would have charged to do the windshields on this truck?
I was guessing at least $500 for the labor, not including the glass, and with absolutely no guarantee it could be done.

My last chop, 56 F100, not a lucky or good as you. took 4 tries total for the finished product, $600 more or less. thats why i started doing them myself also again, not as good but i keep trying. :cool:
you did good. [cl

Outstanding! You've come a long ways since we shot the breeze in your garage around just the cab sitting there. Can't wait to see how the interior floats...I mean comes out![cl

Good to see you got your project rolling man. I'm interested to see what you come up with for an interior with all those garbage bags [ddd
or was it the aluminum from the boat you scored? [S
At any rate I'm sure you will come up with something cool.

Good to see you got your project rolling man. I'm interested to see what you come up with for an interior with all those garbage bags [ddd
or was it the aluminum from the boat you scored? [S
At any rate I'm sure you will come up with something cool.

Ha! :)

The trash bags are full of leafs. Figured they would make good padding :)

My hopes was to get the interior together over the winter, however, wife said she ain't giving up the heated garage. She's got the taste of blood now and ain't letting go.
So, got the process started for a 40x48x14 shop.
I think the shop will take priority over the truck for now. Although, the last show I went to was a downtown takeover in Denver. Truck took it like a champ without any overheating. But I did find the front main seal was leaking pretty good. That thing is going to be a bear to get to in the truck, so I think I might just pull the engine and do a refresh on the whole thing since I have no idea how many miles since the last rebuild by Cummins. At least that won't take up the whole garage so the boss can still park in there.

Some how I missed the posts on your glass cutting. Great job.[cl[cl[cl
As some one else posted it is hard to find a shop that will even touch cutting curved glass windshield all though some of the shops that have a water jet cutter are more inclined.
My wife is a working glass artist and cuts glass all the time. She would agree with your comments about the glass having a personality of sorts.
Glass is still in a fluid state even though it looks and feels solid to our eye. If you ever replace large old panes of sheet glass you may notice that the bottom edge of the glass is thicker then the top due to gravity.
Truck is looking great. Can't wait to see what you have in store for the interior.
Torchie

In regards to your glass is a fluid statement, I think it's REALLY cool on turn of the century buildings the glass is all wavey and rippled downwards.
I used that example to the wife to explain the fluid part so she could understand. It's pretty neat.

Some how I missed the posts on your glass cutting. Great job.[cl[cl[cl
As some one else posted it is hard to find a shop that will even touch cutting curved glass windshield all though some of the shops that have a water jet cutter are more inclined.
My wife is a working glass artist and cuts glass all the time. She would agree with your comments about the glass having a personality of sorts.
Glass is still in a fluid state even though it looks and feels solid to our eye. If you ever replace large old panes of sheet glass you may notice that the bottom edge of the glass is thicker then the top due to gravity.
Truck is looking great. Can't wait to see what you have in store for the interior.
Torchie

If all I had to do to get a shop that size was to let the wife park in the garage in the winter I would have started my project on the front lawn.
Living in a city I don't have that option so I deal with the reminder that it sure would be nice if she could park in the garage, once.
Anyway, the truck turned out great. I might be borrowing the 'leaf' bag idea
for my maiden voyage around the block.
Good luck with the new shop.

Ha! :)

The trash bags are full of leafs. Figured they would make good padding :)

My hopes was to get the interior together over the winter, however, wife said she ain't giving up the heated garage. She's got the taste of blood now and ain't letting go.
So, got the process started for a 40x48x14 shop.
I think the shop will take priority over the truck for now. Although, the last show I went to was a downtown takeover in Denver. Truck took it like a champ without any overheating. But I did find the front main seal was leaking pretty good. That thing is going to be a bear to get to in the truck, so I think I might just pull the engine and do a refresh on the whole thing since I have no idea how many miles since the last rebuild by Cummins. At least that won't take up the whole garage so the boss can still park in there.

Latest posts

Back