Muscle car section!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of Mustangs still because there were lots of Mustangs then. They've alway been very popular. Plus they are affordable, easy to work on, parts supplies are virtually unlimited. You can build a brand new 67-68 Fastback with the new Dynacron Bodies.

Mine is a bit of the old , a early 70's 302, mixed with a bit of the not so old, a '93 Thunderbird. :p
4r449g.jpg

My best friend built the engine and it has all the bells and whistles.
302 with 289 heads, Lunati cam, Accell ignition, JBA headers, Edelbrock carb...etc
AOD trans with 3000 stall, 3.73 limited slip rear, 17in Cobra R rims, 245x45x17 Bridgestone Potenza rubber.
wmhthl.jpg

And yes it had a Ricer wing but it was there for function not for looks.
At over 100mph the rearend got real light without the wing...after the wing at 140mph she was glued down and very stable. :)

My first project

I dont know if yall would consider this a muscle car. But I do since i put a corvette engine in it. Its a 1981 Datsun 280zx. I bought the car for $1,300 and it just about had it. Pretty much re-did the whole thing. And eventually crammed in an LT1 from a 92 corvette.
DSCN0643.jpg

DSCN0644.jpg

DSCN0658.jpg

DSCN0676.jpg

is it just me or alot of mustangs? Lucky enough to have a signal flare red '66 coupe for a daily driver rebuilt 302 not original, as soon as i figure out how to get pics up here ill post it, its not peerfect but it runs and i wouldnt trade for anything not even a fastback(now theres something i thought id never say)

sounds cool;)

Here is project #2 as it sat when I pulled her from a field. 1973 Firebird Esprit. It has Hurst T-tops, which is pretty rare I hear since Hurst didn't start doing T-tops in firebirds until 76. I plan on making a T/A clone out of her. I had a 77' T/A and miss it dearly, so this will have to do.

Attachments

• 73_Bird.jpg
    73_Bird.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 42
this is the most recent one I had...it was sold a couple years back....1967 Nova. Not sure how much of a muscle car it really was, but the worked 250 did manage to embarass a couple of Mustangs along the way.

My only real muscle car was a 64 Falcon Sprint convertable I had about 30 year ago....it had a 406 in it with a 427 forged steel crank, and the heads and intake from a Shelby GT 500....sure wish I had those heads and intake now...heck wish I had the whole car yet. but this was really my only muscle car..most everything I've built and owned have been hot rods and more recently rats

Nova.jpg

I dont know if yall would consider this a muscle car. But I do since i put a corvette engine in it. Its a 1981 Datsun 280zx. I bought the car for $1,300 and it just about had it. Pretty much re-did the whole thing. And eventually crammed in an LT1 from a 92 corvette.
DSCN0643.jpg

DSCN0644.jpg

DSCN0658.jpg

DSCN0676.jpg

My brother has one of these with a 340 mopar motor in it :)

Another Mustang

It's the wifes Mustang 289, performer intake, Holley, headers and C4 trans, but I get to work on it. But when she said she wanted it painted I got to choose the color "I" would paint it. :D
Just kidding, It's a cool car.
aaa008.jpg

caddymotor001.jpg

aaa006.jpg

I always heard that a '69 Camaro was the "dead cat" muscle car."Couldn't sling a dead cat without hitting one" but it seems like its 'stangs round here. I will throw mine in for the Chevy guys. This is before the tear down. Its now tuckin 18s with a 6 speed and a double handfull of body modifications.

Attachments

• CAMARO BUILD 1.jpg
    CAMARO BUILD 1.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 39
I always heard that a '69 Camaro was the "dead cat" muscle car."Couldn't sling a dead cat without hitting one" but it seems like its 'stangs round here. I will throw mine in for the Chevy guys. This is before the tear down. Its now tuckin 18s with a 6 speed and a double handfull of body modifications.

where do you live ive seen one extrmeley similar round here

these are mine nothing special work in progress i guess

79 camaro picked it up for 200 bucks

64 El Camino not realy a muscle car but i like it

Attachments

• 119.jpg
    119.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 38
Hey sweet! Now my Nova will have a place here. Its sort of a muscle car and sort of a rusted, sun patinaed hunk.

64 El Camino not realy a muscle car but i like it

I love Elky's, what's under the hood?

it was a 327 untill blew it up but thats whats going back in

You're right... that's not a muscle car... it's a muscle truck!!! :D:D

Hey sweet! Now my Nova will have a place here. Its sort of a muscle car and sort of a rusted, sun patinaed hunk.

Hey... people are not allowed to tease others around here! Where are the pictures!?!?!? :D:D:D

Hey... people are not allowed to tease others around here! Where are the pictures!?!?!? :D:D:D[/QUOTE]

Damn! Called out! I havent put much effort into the pic thing but need to. I dont have any pics of the car yet either. Now that Im layed up I should make that a priority......if I can find the cam. We just moved:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back